Re: Posca pins

I had an artist that paints for JC and Mystic tell me that he would use the Posca pen on top of the sanded finish and then spray a Krylon clear coat on it to give some protection to the paint job. I have never tried it though. Maybe someone else has. good luck Andy

I had an artist that paints for JC and Mystic tell me that he would use > the Posca pen on top of the sanded finish and then spray a Krylon clear > coat on it to give some protection to the paint job. I have never tried it > though. Maybe someone else has. good luck Andy There are less expensive water-proof pens than Posca, a trip to an art store will show. Posca is the one getting the press but there are refilable pens for the quantity user. Definately spray over dry art with krylon(or?), Also don’t let the sun bake on your art either.

There are less expensive water-proof pens than Posca, a trip to an art > store will show. Posca is the one getting the press but there are > refilable pens for the quantity user. Definately spray over dry art with > krylon(or?), Also don’t let the sun bake on your art either. Posca pens are OK but Zig pens are pigment ink and are more durable, Krylon or clear lacquer works great

Where do you get Zig pens? Are they expensive?

Where do you get Zig pens? Are they expensive? I get them at the Ben Franklin crafts store in Lihue,Kauai. You can try a hobby or crafts store. The thing I like the best about these pens is they don’t tend to lift when I gloss over them. I stopped using Poscas a couple of years ago. Another thing is the variety of nib sizes available.

I get them at the Ben Franklin crafts store in Lihue,Kauai. You can try a > hobby or crafts store. The thing I like the best about these pens is they > don’t tend to lift when I gloss over them. I stopped using Poscas a couple > of years ago. Another thing is the variety of nib sizes available. …I agree! Zig pens are better,at about the same price???I gave up the Poscas because of rapid color fading. Michael’s or any complete art supplies store should have them.Herb.

call around, Micheals, Arron bros. don’t carry them…you need to find a specialty art store…“The art store” on San Diego Blvd. in SD has them but, they go fast!!!