Re: The best noserider, (part two)

What are the common denominators of a great noserider?

Dale, Are you talking about the board or the rider? Roger

Geeez, man… you wrecked my trick question! Ha ha! I suppose this time it could be limited to the board/fin. Maybe some other time the rider? Thanks for the clarification, Roger. Dale

wide nose & tail slight nose concave flat nose rocker slight step-deck kicked tail rocker square tail 50/50 parallel rails 20 lbs.+ weight one narrow base-big tip skeg

10’+ x 23"+ x 3 1/2"+ slight nose concave flat nose rocker slight step-deck kicked tail rocker square tail 50/50 parallel rails 20 lbs.+ weight one narrow base-big tip skeg

10’+ x 23"+ x 3 1/2"+ 18"+ nose & 15"+ tail “El Grippo” (Slipcheck) on front 1/3 slight nose concave flat nose rocker slight step-deck kicked tail rocker square tail 50/50 parallel rails 20 lbs.+ weight one narrow base-big tip skeg

Long(9’6"+)… Dense ‘Classic’ weight foam… Heavy glassjob(8 or 10oz Volan)… Bitchen 10"+ raked wide base fin… Concave under nose(if it didn’t work do you think Nuuhiwa would have had it?)… Tail flip(enunciated with an up-rail in the tail)… Soft rails(50/50 or 60/40)… Retro throwback Lam(to be cool!!!)… A neurosis which lures you to want to pay WAAAYYY more for your glassjob to look like your 60’s potbellied older brother did, complete with required calcium deposits(i.e. surfknots) while enduring the scowls of shortboarders and having kronic neckpain from paddling a 25 lb board, and babying your noserider like it’s a newborn to the resentment of your wife, all the while daydreaming of last weeks ten over. OH Yeah…That Surftech doesn’t doesn’t fly in this microcosm, sorry bro!..

Confidence. A wave that sets up right for noserides…nice, semi-steep, long sections. I don’t think the tail shape plays that much of a role as does length and rocker, e.g. with the right design, a 9’6 pintail would do fine. As stated, a slight nose concave works, but so does a belly! slight step-deck - yeah people swear by them, but I don’t think they’re crucial. wide board with wide nose for stability. 50/50 rails work, but harder rails at the tail seem to increase control…I guess it’s a mtter of preference. Thick board, thick stringer, and a heavy glass job like double 8, even 10oz. More weight, more of a log, more stability, though it’s probably best not to over do it. Rake fin with a good amount of tip that’s a little deeper than your average fin to help keep the tail steady. A 95lb. 12-year old with great ability riding the board.

really good noseriders have alot of flex don’t forget that.

a good nose rider is someone who is very light weight. These kids who weigh under 150lbs can stand on the nose all day. If yoou are a heavy weight, big wide flat and heavy help.

Noserider? Please. Join the 90s. I mean the 00s. We are way past noseriders. Way past potatoe chips. Way past “fish”. Way past those aweful big boy tri’s. Way past middies. Way past mats. Way past all those vehicles that require natural power. Join the new millenium bro and ride, no drive, a waverunner!

what does the stepdeck acheive? i’ve been riding my 10-2 for noseriding, no step, lots of tail rocker, width and thickness. noserides like a mutha!!! i’ve always wondered what a stepdeck would do to enhance (or not) tip time…

No offense meant here but judgeing from what i see (at the major so. cal. longboard spots), most longboarders still aren’t even noseriding for sh@t!! still maybe 1 out of 10 can hang ten, 4-10 can hang a basic five, so it is still a big goal for a longboarder to achieve and noseriders are still selling bigtime for big dollars!!

My favorite is when you see a longboarder with dat noserider board and it ain’t even waxed up to the nose. Every time I see it,I just say to myself; “What a dumb ass”.