red x

has anyone used these? there are some cool fin systems out there but 9 times out of 10 the jigs are based around a specific router (like o’fishl and on a mission). is the red x system the same way? it is one thing to buy the jigs and kit and quite an other when you have to buy a router as well. that is thing that makes fcs so nice is that it is all based around hole saws in a drill. fcs won’t sell to me anymore because i am not a full blown board manufactorer. it is funny they did not mention that to me 5 years ago when i met the distribution rep at the expo (it’s cool your doing your own thing bro. we will hook you up, he tells me). now they are blowing up and they won’t sell to the backyard guys anymore. f that.

has anyone used these? there are some cool fin systems out there but 9 > times out of 10 the jigs are based around a specific router (like o’fishl > and on a mission). is the red x system the same way? it is one thing to > buy the jigs and kit and quite an other when you have to buy a router as > well. that is thing that makes fcs so nice is that it is all based around > hole saws in a drill. fcs won’t sell to me anymore because i am not a full > blown board manufactorer. it is funny they did not mention that to me 5 > years ago when i met the distribution rep at the expo (it’s cool your > doing your own thing bro. we will hook you up, he tells me). now they are > blowing up and they won’t sell to the backyard guys anymore. f that. Mike, You are right. The Red X jig is baesd upon a specific router. But, the key is the 7" diameter router base ( adapter plates are available) and 2" of plunge for a 1/2" Bit Chuck. Yes, it is easier to use a drill motor and hole saw. But, you would not get the extra strength that Red X offers with out making a much larger heavier resin well to bond the box in with. I guess there are compromises every where. I can tell you one thing for sure. We wont let the little guy down. Tom