Removing resin patch from foam

Hi there, 

I have just finished glassing the bottom of my board but while wrapping the rails a small patch of resin leaked under the tape line. I am wanting to do a clear deck but don’t want this patch to show through. Should I mix up some white pigmented resin to paint over it or use some acrylic paint? Or is there some way to remove it? 

I have tried to attach a photo below. 

Thanks in advance! 

Nice place for a logo, or some kind of accent, fabric patch, get creative. Cuz youre not gonna “remove” it. IMO.

Not that big of a deal…  I’d take a 3" Rol-Lok disc on a right angle drill and carefully knock it down to clean foam.  Usually that sort of thing is a fairly shallow stain.  Use the same disc to knock down the overlap at the end.  Put some finer grit sandpaper on a small block of wood and touch up any scratches in the foam.  Add a small patch or two of fiberglass under your deck lamination to fill in the dip where you removed the pigmented foam.  I’ll bet it turns out to be barely noticeable, if at all.

I was ‘helping’ a friend of mine do a tiger stripe pigmented lamination and managed to do the same thing as we did not completely cover the deck with masking paper.  It was easy to shave it off, blend it in, and glass as normal.

A mini-plane could also be used… just shave it down until you hit clean foam and proceed as described above.

Depends on how it looks exactly but I have had some success using a sharp chisel and just taking the patch off; it will tear a little bit of foam with it but you can easily feather that out with sandpaper and, if you’re cautious enough, it won’t even be noticeable once glassed.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I tried both the chisel and Grinder method but ended up using a dremel which was a slow process but eventually allowed me to remove the stain with little damage to the foam. 

I’ve attached a picture in case anyone is interested. 

looks good!