resin tint ?

hey guys so i done shaping a HWS fish out of red cedar  and i want to do a small section of resin tint just on the tip of the nose ( around 6-8 inchs fading out) top and bottom.

I am using a " kentics crystal clear expoy resin" from Harcore surf in auckland NZ for the lam with poyester resin on the hotcoat. so i when sould i do the tint? i was planing to do the tint after the lam before the hot coat. would i be better to just do it when i do the hotcoat?

what you guys think?

found an pic of board before the finish sand

cheers antony

I can’t see any other way to do a resin tint like you described… with a fade… except maybe in the lam. But even that sounds tricky. I thought fades are usually done with paint. I’d like to hear some other ideas, though.

hey fade was the wrong word i was thinking of masking the nose off with some kind of patten that blended down the rails 8inchs or so. Then trying a swril patten may be with green base and blue yellow and white in the swril 

[quote="$1"]

hey fade was the wrong word i was thinking of masking the nose off with some kind of patten that blended down the rails 8inchs or so. Then trying a swril patten may be with green base and blue yellow and white in the swril 

[/quote]

best results will be in the lam

It will be called a deck patch

mask around the area

cover the area you dont want to do real good

and mask rail so drips will fall straight down and off the board

lay on glass

mix colors. catyliz , combine colors and pour

squeegee off

wait for gell

trim and pull tape

look at the "show us your resin tints and paterns" thread