resin tints

Hi guys, first up thanks to everyone for all the hugely useful info. I think it is great that so many people are willing to share their knowledge freely and without grudge. As I’ve only been surfing for a year I don’t have a huge amount of experience but i have made all my own boards. At the moment I’m about to start shaping myself a new 9’8’’ classic style mal. A friend has a '64 or '65 Keyo which I am using as a reference point, but it has a classy resin tint. What I am wondering is how to achieve bands of colour? Is the coloured resin applied after glassing but before the gloss coat and just masked off then gloss coated, or is it somehow applied during the initial glassing? Apologies for my ignorance. Any help would be greatly appreciated as here in the UK we don’t have any kind of forum like this. Cheers and once again propers…

Resin tints and abstracts are applied during the glassing stage.If you can get in to the Archives you will find multple pages on this subject.

thanks dude, stumbled across them just after i posted. Probably should look harder next time.