Reusing an early SVF blank, how to prevent delam?

Hey Swaylocks, new member/first post here.  I bought a 9’ longboard sometime around 1992, SVF blank, big “Epoxy” nucleus logo on the nose.  It started delamming shortly after I bought it and broke not too long afterwards.

I’ve had the two pieces up in my rafters for all of this time, and I just recently was cleaning up and took it down and realized that there is a nice section for a little keel fish.

I have done some searching and reading here and it seems that the old SVF blanks are doomed to delam.  I’m wondering if I can seal it somehow.  I need to fill quite a bit of the blank and was planning on using a filler/seal coal of epoxy and phenolic spheres, but maybe I should clear coat over that before trying to glass?  Or is even the fill/seal going to delam?  Should I use spackle and assume it’s going to let go anyway?

Any input is welcome.

Your seal coat of epoxy and phenolic spheres should be adequate.  If you want, take a slat of wood and pound a bunch of nails through it.  Whack the shaped blank a few times with the protruding nails before applying the epoxy bog to get a poorman’s ‘3-D’ glassing effect.  Squeegee the epoxy bog as smooth as possible and laminate before it gets rock hard for a good chemical bond.