Reynolds Yater's Shaping Room

IN the new Surfers Journal there is a photo of his shaping room…if you look real close you will see a unique way of suspending the planer cord from the ceiling.I want to do this and wonder if you guys have any other ways of doing the same thing.I am tired of tripping over my cord.thanks

Cleanlines: I’ve tried to get as many cords and hoses overhead in my space as possible. I use a couple of eyebolts at each end of the room with a vinyl covered steel wire between. The wire is stretched using an aluminum turnbuckle at each end. My hoses and cords hang off this cable with a brass swivel and snap that allows for quick release but smooth slide down the wire. Wire ties work well to connect your couplers to the cords and hoses. Some time ago I found a real nice heavy extension cord at a supply store that had a heavy coil wound into the length of the cord. I went back to get one sometime later and they were gone. Seems that an overhead mounted extension cord with this tight, springy coil would be a great overhead power outlet for power tools used on the rack. Tom S.>>> IN the new Surfers Journal there is a photo of his shaping room…if you > look real close you will see a unique way of suspending the planer cord > from the ceiling.I want to do this and wonder if you guys have any other > ways of doing the same thing.I am tired of tripping over my cord.thanks

Cleanlines:>>> I’ve tried to get as many cords and hoses overhead in my space as > possible. I use a couple of eyebolts at each end of the room with a vinyl > covered steel wire between. The wire is stretched using an aluminum > turnbuckle at each end. My hoses and cords hang off this cable with a > brass swivel and snap that allows for quick release but smooth slide down > the wire. Wire ties work well to connect your couplers to the cords and > hoses. Some time ago I found a real nice heavy extension cord at a supply > store that had a heavy coil wound into the length of the cord. I went back > to get one sometime later and they were gone. Seems that an overhead > mounted extension cord with this tight, springy coil would be a great > overhead power outlet for power tools used on the rack.>>> Tom S. Yo Tom how do you adress cord twist?

With a frown. Sometimes I’m patient with it and sometimes not (knot). Tom S.>>> Yo Tom how do you adress cord twist?

Yo Tom how do you adress cord twist? Cord Twist? He’s still working with Santa! Just write to Cord Twist c/o Santa Claus, North Pole. Make sure that you put a stamp on it, or the Post Office won’t deliver. Have Fun