RIP Brad Basham

I am so sorry to say I woke to the very sad news of Brad Basham’s death. Apparently he’d gone up on the roof of “The Factory” for some reason and fell off, landing on his head. The decision was made to take him off of life support and he passed 

For those who didn’t know Brad, he was a really great guy who owned and operated https://www.bashamsfactorysurfshop.com/ a stronghold of true surfiness in San Clemente’s “surf ghetto”  since 1972. 

Not sure at this point what will happen to the business. Losing it would be another tremendous blow to the local surf community.

RIP Brad. 

YIKES !      

RIP Brad 

+1  condolences to friends and family

This is super tragic news.I’mt a nobody backyard builder and I use Basham’s as my supply house. Brad was always super helpful when I was in the shop (just like everyone else who works there). If you needed something random, he would make it happen. Brad would also mix up custom tints/pigments by eye to perfectly match a color swatch. It was unreal how good he was. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Brad.   

Yes heard this last night up here in Oregon.  Sad thing.  Not many guys with beards and long hair still drive a VW bus.  Was always helpful to me.  Had a few glassed there,  they always turned out nice.  He was better on a color wheel than most of the paint store eye matchers that I knew from the old days.  One of a kind factory and supply house.  Sad and sudden.  Lowel