Robin Mair - Hanalei Fins

Aloha
Just received some fins from Robin Mair
They are stunning with a little flex.
Check out Hanalei Fins.
Here is a board on the way to the glass shop.

Get Wet

Hey James, did you shape this one?

I have a couple of sets of Hanalei Fins. I had his fin system installed on a custom 8’6" like it so much that I ordered 9’5" quad from Robin even with Shipping from Hawaii it wasn’t more then what a lot of the Big name long Board shapers charge for a Board in a Surfshop… looking at building a knee board soon will install Gearbox finsystem. Ordering his new split keels as soon as they are offered for sale.

I have contacted Robin Mair about purchasing fins in the past, but have never received a reply, so I finally gave up and quit trying. Always did like the boards he posted here tho.

Huck,
I have gotten great advice and service from Robin, both on finboxes (he replaced some early Gearboxes because he had a concern about them) and on fins (he sent my last 2+1 set before the check even made it to Kauai). I’d give him another try.

My brother and I had the pleasure of meeting Robin at his shaping room and spending time with him talking about boards, designs, fins. I have a set of custom hand made G10 fins for his Proboxes. He’s the real thing, quite a craftsman.

Aloha Bernie,
Robin shaped the board.
I am going to get a couple a templates and shape a board soon.

James

You’re lucky. I’m sure you will enjoy it.

Buck, I’ll be in touch with Robin in the next day or so. Ordering quad Grearbox box system. He has New split keel quad hat Looks like it would be fun on Kneeboard. If you would like I could let him Know that you are interested in some fins.

Robin drops in everytime he is in OZ, super nice bloke and has got some amazing ideas, stoked to be stocking his products here in oz.

Harry and I will be in Hanalei in a couple of weeks
if you want us to visit with Robin if he’s there’ and free
I might want to pickup some gearbox stuff and some of his new fins

Yeah, sure, I have a quad and a single, would like to try something a little different, both 9 footers, for Calif point break surf.