Rocker for a 7ft Bonzer 5 Egg?

Hey Folks…

Doing a Bonzer 5 Egg out of Epoxy & EPS #1 in the near future.

T’will be 7’2" x 17N x 22 x 15T x 2.75", hand foiled marine ply fins (sidebites are 2 x 5"base by 2.5"height and 2 x 5.5"base by 3"height + 6" centre fin)

My local break is a beachie that can wall up quite nicely (although has a tendancy to dump when it get’s overhead) and i’m not sure what nose and tail rocker would best suit this type of board. I really want to get into the wave early but want to be able to carve out if i take a drop.

So cake and eat it i think :slight_smile:

Anyone got any suitable numbers for me?

Cheers

Wal

I have surfed a few walls but not shaped many eggs.

I like those walls best with with low in the nose and a short kick in the tail at the back if I need to eject. 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 in the nose is all I need and 2 1/4 in the tail _ I usually ride lower than that.

But what do I know? I just like surfing.

Good luck.

Can you have your cake and eat it ? My approach to this is to ride a 6’6" X 2 5/8" low nose rocker (4 1/2") bonzer egg mostly except when its dumping or strong offshore when I ride a semi-gun 6’10" X 2 3/8" X 18 7/8" bonzer 5 1/2" rocker thinned out and skinny nose. Which hangs in the lip nicely and pulls into the face really neatly on the drop. On closeouts and hollow days all that rail curve is a hinderence when pulling under the lip, unless you have time to set up.

So make 2 boards !