Rocker help please

Hey Guy

Have a bit of a problem and may need some expert advice. I was planing on shaping a so called “big guy tri” with the dimentions of 7’6" x 12 3/4 x 21 1/2 x 14 3/4 x 3. I am just on 6’ and weight in at 95kgs with average surfing abillity and generally surf mainly beach breaks from waist to head high. anything smaller I ride my longboard. My problem is that I already have my blank that is 7’7". The nose rocker is about 6 1/2 to 6 3/4 and the tail is 2 1/2 to 2 3/4. Not quite sure of the exact measurments. Anyway I was hoping to get my nose rocker down to about 5 1/2 to 5 3/4 but because I only have 1 in to play with, I cant move my template down. I dont want to plane it down either because I will lose my thickness. I like my boards nice and bouyant as I am a bit slow to my feet and need to get onto wave nice and early. My only other option is to shorten the board to maybe 7’4", and that way I can move my template to where it is required for a good rocker with minimal adjustments. Would this 2 inches make much of a difference to the boards wave catching and performance. I have heard that even small adjustment may have huge differences.

Any advice is appreciated.

MDS

I knocked 6 inches off a 7 foot clark blank and moved the wide point back 2 inches from the center… it lost some of the late nose flip but it has about an inch of tail rocker and works great for my waves and thats exactly what I was looking for…

If you like float, paddle, and early wave catching, use it full length, don’t compromise with that flatter nose rocker.

Pixie noses help with all 3 aspects above, as you can get farther forwards without pearling, putting more tail behind you, so the wave picks the tail up and you paddle downhill.

It’s better for normal paddling out also, as you can stay forward enough but have a safely dry nose to paddle using more board.

Obviously, pure float, you can very little, but what’s the loss of having too much nose rocker, when the curve from 3" back from nose to the tail would be the same anyways?