rocker )

i am making a 6’10" thruster meant to ride in big, hollow, and sloppy east coast waves. i need a good combo of rockers. a nice nose rocker, but not too much. something semi-loose, but still fast???

i am making a 6’10" thruster meant to ride in big, hollow, and sloppy > east coast waves. i need a good combo of rockers. a nice nose rocker, but > not too much. something semi-loose, but still fast??? My opinion is: lots of tail rocker, minimal nose rocker. You need to get into East Coast waves as early as possible (because they break fast and don’t give you much time to move), so you want to be up as quickly as possible. Shape the board with a flat, wide nose (a little concave will help too). Once you catch the wave, the nose rocker won’t make any difference (unless you are dropping in really late on a hollow wave–rare for the east coast). Those skinny, flipped up noses that the kids have don’t catch waves. On the East Coast rocker is your enemy. Try to eliminate a bunch of it. (Tail rocker is going to help you turn). But a flat board is a fast board. The turning is in you. Be strong and crank powerful turns. But you need speed to crank those powerful turns, and you will get it with flatter rocker. Also remember the curve of the bottom of your board (side to side). On mushy waves, the flatter the board the better. Trust me. YOu will be faster than your friends, and in the wave earlier.

i am making a 6’10" thruster meant to ride in big, hollow, and sloppy > east coast waves. i need a good combo of rockers. a nice nose rocker, but > not too much. something semi-loose, but still fast??? If your shaping a 6’10 use a 6’11R blank. Remove extra meat from nose off the deckside. Keeping rocker flater. If you go wide in the tail add the tail flip if you pull in the tail keep the tail rocker flater… You will find the 6’11R a great East Coast blank. I use it for HB, small Retros and miniguns… Think flat.