rockspill

Can you say Photoshop? Who’s that dude floating way out there? I bet he’s riding a fish. SteveA

http://www.systemthree.com

Can you say Photoshop? Who’s that dude floating way out there? I bet he’s > riding a fish. SteveA Steve, How’d you guess?Herb.

S Got something coming your way,look for it,and thanks again.Herb.

notice way down on the right shoulder how the texture on the water magically disappears. typical rookie photoshop.

notice way down on the right shoulder how the texture on the water > magically disappears. typical rookie photoshop. This is the real thing.(but the locals would like you to think of this photo as a fake).Soon as mother nature will allow I will video it ,and you can call that fake too!Herb.

Herb, I surf north county. The shadow on the face of the wave is wrong.(the sun is setting.) It is blowing offshore, and we know that it rarely blows offshore in So.Cal in the afternoon. There is a person at the bottom of the picture that is looks close to shore(note the brown sand mixed with the water). Finally, with that perfect shape, it would be surfed by a dozen people already, and would be in all the magazines. SteveA

Herb, I surf north county. The shadow on the face of the wave is > wrong.(the sun is setting.) It is blowing offshore, and we know that it > rarely blows offshore in So.Cal in the afternoon. There is a person at the > bottom of the picture that is looks close to shore(note the brown sand > mixed with the water). Finally, with that perfect shape, it would be > surfed by a dozen people already, and would be in all the magazines. > SteveA Sorry to break your detective work,but the photo is real!It was taken during the el nino swells in Nov. 1998.The person in the foreground is the results of a telephoto lens… I can’t help it if people can’t paddle 2-3 miles.Herb.

LOL! Steve, ahhhh… I hate to tell you this but Surfer has printed a picture and a description of the break. It’s real.

It was either Surfer or maybe Surfer’s Journal… I think. lol!

Then I stand corrected. SteveA

me too. can’t wait to see the video…

me too. can’t wait to see the video… The reason that Steve though that the photo was a fake, was because he’s thinking in the wrong place looking at the wrong rigs.I will not display or tell where this spot is directly,because of what Steve said,there would be guys all over it.It doesn’t break much,but when everything comes together it’s one heck of a wave!No laws out there to stop me either.It might take me years to get an opportunity to ride/video it,but if I don’t, someone else will,we will just have to see if the cards play into my hands or into someone elses.IT TAKES THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT AND SKILLS TO PULL SOMETHING LIKE THIS OFF!!!(I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS ABOUT THIS SPOT). 10 Years ago or so ,a friend of mine and myself went fishing in L.A. INNER HARBOR,and found a suprise spot.that broke like a mini Teahupoo.It only got maybe headhigh ever,even on the biggest swells,but it was a rush!!!It was located right across from the naval ship yard in L.B.The dredgers had to keep the channel deep for the big ships to pass,and they piled up all this sand in this jetty-ed off section…Now gone due to progress,the port authorities cleaned up the old coke hills,and put in loading docks right on the spot.Herb.

…I forgot to add[tongue]hoto was by Clark Kucera,and the correct date is Jan.30,1998. S.P. E-MAILED me and asked if this was the shot/pic in Surfer’s Journal,and frankly I don’t know,being that I haven’t bought a magazine in years(like 5 or 6)I can’t say…it might be.Herb.