round nose shortboard

hey, Last november i surfed a Lost round nose fish. think it was a 5.8 or something…anyway, it was Great!! Just for fun, to see if it works, I want to shape a board, and ordered a 6.4 blanc. Don t remember the exact dimensions for the board, and i am not very familiar with fish boards. can anyone help me on typical dimensions for such a board. how thick should it be? how wide? The rocker and nose rocker are allready in it. I think the widest point of the board is quite a lot in front. Any suggestions would be great! thanks Bram

Hi Bram There is an older (1997 or so) Lost video called 5’5" x 19 1/4" which showcases their team riders on boards similar to what you rode. Lost got the name for the video from the stringer of Cory Lopez’s board that he and others are riding – those are the basic dimensions of the Lost board. What you shape depends on what size you are, and where you will be surfing it. I am 5’9" 160 lbs, and I would order something along the lines of 5’10" or 6’0" x 19 5/8" x 2 3/8" for sloppy beach breaks, head high and below (though this would probably work well in lined up point surf around the head high mark). I have ridden a host of these kind of boards with a thruster set up, and use them when my standard 6’2" is too slow in mushy beachies, and the singles are sitting out to dry. Have fun ~ happy surfing Kit