RSAblanks are Safari Blanks

no, didn’t have any problems glassing.  No resin suck, nice solid glass job. 

Keith

i Have watched this thread for a while and i am just going to begin by saying the following:

i have used safarifoam in the past and as a customer of theirs they totally looked after me when they had their problems, so thanx Lonnie for steering the ship in the right direction.

as for their current foam, i pretty much rate it as the best foam out there! no drain out, no delams, no issues period!

well done RSA for turning a new leaf and bringing a quality product to the market!

Agreed mate. Keith’s review remains very positive. Well done, I say…

I came across  - www.facebook.com/safarisurfboards, check it out, looks good.

Nice to see South Africa getting in on the act. Some Safaris came this way (NZ) a while back but I never got around to trying them. Maybe next time?

Hello Keith, have you completed your review/shaping of the Safari foam? Thanks

had absolutely NO issues or problems with shaping or glassing.  I will get back with a durability report and more photos later (sorry, been extremely busy lately including injuries in the family), but I can already say that I expect to have a positive report there too…

Thanks for the quick response Keith, sorry to hear about the injuries in the family. Good to hear about the Safari foam, well done!!

Lonnie: any response from madman on this? The review is good, you must be happy - Well done!!

Safari is to South African Surfing what Rice is to a good curry - You can't have one without the other.. As a surfer here in SA all I can say is that the company comes with a history of premium products and if they say the blanks are cool, I kinda believe that. We've used our fair share of them lately and I can absolutely say that they have been fine. Although we're not a mainstream manufacturer, we have asked more of the blanks than most and have had pretty much no issues.. Safari is too much a part of surfing in SA to put crap onto the market, they're well beyond that, been doing it all too long. I couldn't comment as to them being the best on the market 'cos I haven't used blanks from everyone yet, but can tell you that they are far from the worst we've used.. Good product and good prices..

Stuboy99, I’ve also heard good things happening at Safari/Spider, mega improvement in the boards and foam since the departure of Rod Stainton…