ryobi trim router

Anyone have an old ryobi trim router that they would be willing to sell me? I want to keep using my old future jig but my old trim router bit the dust and they done make them anymore.
I bought a harbor freight ripoff and it fit the collar but the shaft is not centered cutting a little wide and being kind of scary! Shitty tool…
I also just bought a bosch and it’s nice but doesn’t fit the collar I think I will take it back…
Does the makita for the new future jig fit the old ryobi collar?

Is it possible to get it rebuilt, or repaired? Might be worth looking into.

swap the base
from the ryobi
to the bosch
like a fifties
hot rodder.
…ambrose…
gyro gearloose
is a hero…

Hi G, did you check stuff like the switch and brushes and blowing it out with compressed air?

My Rotozip router died after a couple hundred hours of continuous use on a small CNC machine. Cleaned it out, it ran for another hour then stopped again. Eight dollars worth of brushes later and it is back in action and hasn’t stopped once.

Ambrose that worked for the El cheapo ripoff and was what I was wanting to do with the bosch but it doesn’t fit.
Yeah jrandy I have switched brushes on it eeked out a few more uses but it’s still acting up sparking etc . I’m not trying to catch anything on fire…
Bill it’s such a cheap little tool probably not worth it…I should be able to find a replacement…

Swap meets, and pawn shops, have turned up some useful tools, on occasion. Worth a look.

G, is this like your install kit? http://www.swaylocks.com/forums/future-fin-box-routing
I saw another thread where Barry Snyder has modified a Rigid router to fit.
http://www.swaylocks.com/forums/future-fin-installation-router-question

G, I had the same problem. I bought the Ridged from Home Depot and made a slight cut to match the Ryobi base Works just fine.

Jrandy that’s it thanks for the tip. Looks like Greg did the same as Barry. There is a used ryobi and a new craftsman that looks exact same as ryobi on ebay right now for 50 bucks…might snag one of them…

Took the bosch back to Lowe’s and got this off ebay

Give it to me.

I am happy for you too G.
For ‘Future’ reference, could someone please post the dimensions for diameter A and the distance B for the Ryobi base intended for the older (not one pass) Future fins install kit? Also, is the collet of the Ryobi centered on the diameter of its base? Thanks!

Looks like it is centered…

Here are the measurements you asked for

Thanks G!