S Cloth

Has anyone worked with s cloth much as well as e cloth? Did you notice any significant difference in board life, weight and flex etc? Also how much more were you paying for s cloth as opposed to e cloth. Was it worth the difference in price?

hello gee bender

worked with it once, does that count?

i made a thin board, and it broke

it was all s galss, 6oz bottom, 4+6 oz deck

board was only 2.1/16 thin

flex felt good though

basically: have to try again

did you surf trestles?

Pressure dents will turn to delams faster because it has a better memory than E cloth, and will always want to return to its original state. E cloth however will stay downwhere the dent is and not delam as easily. This is what I've heard, so I tend to stick with  e cloth.

I’ve used S glass plenty on my boards and they are stronger than using E. The memory thing I haven’t heard of. It doesn’t make sense to me. Once the foam in compressed, the glass will eventually act independently.   They won’t ding from pressure as easily. As soon as I started cutting the roll I knew this tighter weave was stronger. I don’t overly concern myself with weight though but still want them light.

Harder to do laps with than e. Make sure you fully saturate the cloth or you will see the weave in some places. I believe it to be stronger and more durable. I tend to use some on all my personal boards. Really nice for patches and the leftovers gets first dibs on repairs.

[quote="$1"]

Has anyone worked with s cloth much as well as e cloth? Did you notice any significant difference in board life, weight and flex etc? Also how much more were you paying for s cloth as opposed to e cloth. Was it worth the difference in price?

[/quote]

Do you trust Resinhead?..... I do......he tells me S cloth is stronger...much stronger....

S is a little harder to work with but no big deal. I'm working with both E and S. The S cloth I have today came from an E-Bay deal....Can't comment on price because the S and E cost me the same...

Not sure what asetevns is talking about.......I'll take the S cloth over the E cloth any day....no delam issues over here