Sally 4 from a 5" slab of xps

Looks like my bed.

My Girl wants one of those rollers. Thanks for the link Stoner. I got no idea what her plans are, but she keeps talking about going Mid-evil on me.

Good info Bill. Thanks.

The XPS put together with 3M 78 XPS adhesive pulled apart with force in the first 24 hours. I put the two test pieces back together (still tacky).
After 4 days, it seems the adhesive fully cured. I could no longer pull the the 2 test pieces of foam apart.

Any reason not to just use epoxy?

I have some specific blank build technology with EPS inlays that might work better using 3M 78 or Foam Lok.
I am thinking the 3M 78 might bond better with the XPS, with no perforation needed.
I suspect 3M 78 is lighter than epoxy too.
See PM.

You have to keep the epoxy away from the edges so you can sand away as normal.

I used no more nails in a pinch. It worked and the hotwire was able to get through the foam. However, it’s heavier than spray and slipped around when held in place.

I’ll try the 3M or foam lok next time

Be careful. With big sheets of foam, you have to have things pretty well aligned.
Once you put them together, there is no re-adjusting.
I would also leave an adhesive free foam buffer for sanding. While the adhesive seemed to sand well within the first few hours, when it cures, you can feel the seam. I would tape off the buffer area to protect it from spray adhesive. Then pull the tape after spraying.
I have not tried hotwiring 3M 78. If I did, I would try during the first few hours after bonding.