Sanding Pads

How do you clean the disc adhesive residue off of your Power Pads?I have some that are getting really lumpy.Thanks guys.

Thanks Herb.I hate to sound like a dumb a** but what is Goof Off?How does it work?Where do I get it?

:>>>>>>>>>>.Goof off can be bought at any hardware store.Most likely in the paint dept.,It’s simply put,a gum/goo cleaner-remover.Herb

How do you clean the disc adhesive residue off of your Power Pads?I have > some that are getting really lumpy.Thanks guys. I find that tolulene is a very good solvent for lots of problems around the shop like that, and wipe sparingly with small pieces cut from old cotton t-shirts.

How do you clean the disc adhesive residue off of your Power Pads?I have > some that are getting really lumpy.Thanks guys. I take the bastard and put it to the concrete floor at full RPM. Run it for about a minute or until the sandpaper is toooo hot to touch and it will peel off with all of the crap that has accumulated on the pad.

I take the bastard and put it to the concrete floor at full RPM. Run it > for about a minute or until the sandpaper is toooo hot to touch and it > will peel off with all of the crap that has accumulated on the pad. Simple and yet it works great

…That trick will work well with the standard power pads,but some of the newer supersoft pads will warp/melt down.Plus the new jobs are being built with fiberglass cores instead of metal.Herb

…That trick will work well with the standard power pads,but > some of the newer supersoft pads will warp/melt down.Plus the new jobs are > being built with fiberglass cores instead of metal.Herb Yo Herb that goo stuff worked fine…thanks Eh’ I have seen these super soft pads and have one made by a company called “Ferro” It was given to me by a pro sander friend of mine but I can’t seem to find them.Any idea where I can get em? Do they come in different degrees of hardness? These things work really well for fine work after using the old “Power Pads”.

…A professional auto paint supplier or a large marine supplier,like West Marine. …Watch the amts of goof off you use it will delam any/most glues,paints,etc.Herb (I’m glad it worked out for you !)

Fiberglass Florida has the Ferro pads several different styles also a local auto sandpaper guy has them in some other styles I had never seen —alll priced about the same

Fiberglass Florida has the Ferro pads several different styles also a > local auto sandpaper guy has them in some other styles I had never seen > —alll priced about the same Thanks CDB I remember telling you about em but couldn’t remember where they came from.Fiberglass of FLA. should put up a website…they are a great outfit

cleanlines- I had a nice catalog from Ferro but must have lost it. They make a wide selection of pads for the autobody industry. I saw some of these pads in use a few years ago and got my hands on their product info but never followed up on it. I think this is their address etc.- Ferro Industries Incorporated PO Box 86 Mt Clemens, MI 48046 Phone: 810-792-6001 Fax: 810-792-6006 Alternate Phone: 800-343-3776 Tom S.

Fiberglass Hawaii carries them in 8 inch and 6 inch sizes. They come in soft,semi-hard,and hard,cost about $12 to $15.

Don’t want to sound like a smart a** but goof off is “Goof Off is xylenes, if anyone is interested. It is sold (at a fraction of the cost of Goof Off) as under the brand name of Xylol at Eagle” hardware, I believe." as quoted from the Washington Yacht Club (University of Washington)discusssion page. Finally I something “useful” has come out of that “4” (read 10) year education…>>> Thanks Herb.I hate to sound like a dumb a** but what is Goof Off?How does > it work?Where do I get it?

Don’t want to sound like a smart a** but goof off is “Goof Off is > xylenes, if anyone is interested. It is sold (at a fraction of the cost of > Goof Off) as under the brand name of Xylol at Eagle” hardware, I > believe." as quoted from the Washington Yacht Club (University of > Washington)discusssion page. Finally I something “useful” has > come out of that “4” (read 10) year education… Or “xylene”. Nothing more than a common solvent, also used in oil-based paints.

…You can use a heatgun to help remove old disks/glue also,just watch that you don’t overheat.Herb