Sanding Problems

Hello Everyone, Having a little trouble with my new Variable speed milwakee sander. The sand paper keeps flying off after like 30 seconds of sanding. I am using a standard sanding pad 7" with a 3m 77 super adhesive. I have tryed setting the speed lower and higher. What appears to me that is happening is one of two things. The adhesive is either heating up and the paper slips off or the sand paper is gumming up causing it to catch and rip off. I am using hermes sand paper. It is top quality stuff. If anyone has had this problem before or can give me any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks Klein

try a different, heat resistive adhesive. go to a paint and body supply shop tell them what you need and they’ll hook you up.

How about that “Sticki” stuff I see at my fiberglass shop? I think it is also advertised on Foam E-Z.>>> try a different, heat resistive adhesive. go to a paint and body supply > shop tell them what you need and they’ll hook you up.

yeah, use that stuff. never had a problem…good luck

Hello Everyone,>>> Having a little trouble with my new Variable speed milwakee sander. The > sand paper keeps flying off after like 30 seconds of sanding. I am using a > standard sanding pad 7" with a 3m 77 super adhesive. I have tryed > setting the speed lower and higher. What appears to me that is happening > is one of two things. The adhesive is either heating up and the paper > slips off or the sand paper is gumming up causing it to catch and rip off. > I am using hermes sand paper. It is top quality stuff. If anyone has had > this problem before or can give me any suggestions I would appreciate it.>>> Thanks Klein I use tacky with no problems. don’t know if this applies but are the rpms of your grinder higher then you sanding pad is rated for. If so then your pad is exspanding and breaking loose the adhesive bond with sand paper.I had this happen once with a 5000 rpm grinder and a 3000 rpm pad(not on a surfboard), sandpaper went flying across the room.