Sealant Ratio Question

I plan to seal a board with white “spackle”, gesso, and water. From my understanding the consistency is suppose to be like mayonaise to spread it very easily. Does anyone have any clue what kind of ratios to use? I know I can keep adding water to get the texture I need but I am mostly wondering about how much gesso should go in the mixture to make it white.

I’ve searched the archives and did not come up with much in terms of a mixture example.

I’m curious as to why you’re using gesso? Most people that use spackle simply use the spackle. 

I’ve read on here that people are putting it in the sealant to make it bright white before painting. Not any structural purpose to it in terms of performance.

thinned gesso can be rolled on with a small roller to make a blank that stays white.  you won’t need it for EPS

all the best

I cant help with the ratios, but you are correct. If you are wanting to paint eps…spackle plus gesso will give you the best surface to paint and tape off on. If you are not painting just spackle thinned with water is sufficient. Search for atomized post on here…he is the og guru on the subject of painting eps.