Search formatting

I’m really into doing searches and reading past threads on all different topics, but I’m having a problem reading a lot of them.  It seems the deeper I go into a searched thread, the more the text moves to the right and elongates, to the point it leaves the margins of the page and becomes unreadable.

Is there a way through settings to correct this?

Thanks

Hey Phebus, I like reading old threads too, and I run into the same thing.  Its a glitch of the site, and I don’t know a way around it.  I just eventually give up when the posts are about 3 letters wide and shaped like a fence post, haha.

Yours was the opening post, so the only way to reply was to click the blue “post reply” button.  But after the first post, there are two options, a green “post reply” button and a blue “reply” button.  The blue one is intended as a specific reply to the post you are responding to, and it appears indented below the post that spawned it.  So after a few people casually click the blue reply button in a row, you have an indent to an indent to an indent, etc, and there is nothing but margin on most the whole page.

Still, there is a lot of good and interesting stuff in the archives, well worth the hassle.

Thanks for your response Huck. I’m a information geek when it comes to surfboard design, and appreciate the content I can get, so I’ll just accept what I can. I also try to search and find an answer, before I ask a question. 

Thanks

I agree. Once it gets 10 comments deep, it’s unbearable and un-readable. Plus, half the pictures are missing usually. Too bad.

Same problem, but I keep reading!

You get used to it, eventually…

It never occurred to me that this could be due to stacked ‘reply to a specific post’ replies, but that explanation makes a lot of sense. 

Lets see if it can be provoked, apologies to the innocent readers…

7 now I’ll type a bit more than single digits, to see if it results in the single word problem.

Huck nailed it!