.....................See you all in the next world...........................

…and don’t be late,…don’t be late,…because I’m a voodoo chile ,…lord knows I’m a voodoo child.

…She pulled up to the edge of shore and to her legs she says you won’t hurt me no more.

…but just then a golden-winged ship passes her way…and it really didn’t have to stop…it just kept on going…

…so castles made of sand…melt .into the sea …eventually.Jimi Hendrix

bye.

Quote:

…and don’t be late,…don’t be late,…because I’m a voodoo chile ,…lord knows I’m a voodoo child.

…She pulled up to the edge of shore and to her legs she says you won’t hurt me no more.

…but just then a golden-winged ship passes her way…and it really didn’t have to stop…it just kept on going…

bye.

Herb - Don’t be scaring me. You better be writing that screen play, cause I know that Spike Lee is monitoring this forum.

Good on ya Herb!

The louder the better on that one. Herb, hope I won’t be seeing you there for a while. Mike

…which one, Herb?

Among the hills, when you sit in the cool shade of the white poplars, sharing the peace and serenity of distant fields and meadows Ð then let your heart say in silence, “God rests in reason.”

And when the storm comes, and the mighty wind shakes the forest, and thunder and lightning proclaim the majesty of the sky,Ð then let your heart say in awe, “God moves in passion.”

And since you are a breath in God’s sphere, and a leaf in God’s forest, you too should rest in reason and move in passion.

(excerpt from “The Prophet” by Kahil Gibran)

And he said:

You would know the secret of death. But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life? The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light. If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open you heart wide to the body of life. (Gibran, The Prophet)

'Tis the season! When reflection sometimes turns inward bittersweet. This too shall pass.

Keep on keepin’ on. Surfing affirms life.

How do we know THIS is not the “next world,” and our reward is to surf?

…Where’s Herbie?

…and Herbie says…I don’t want to make toys anymore,I want to be a dentist !(kinda sadistic ,don’t you think?)

…the management says…Herbie doesn’t want to make toys anymore,he wants to be a dentist ! (elfs laughing at Herbie).

…So Herbie runs away only to meet Rudolph and his true love.(along w/ yukon cornelius)

…Together they struggle thru the storm of storms,only to run face to face w/ the abominable snowman!!!

…That’s about where I am in life…you know the rest.

…I’m writing everyday E PAC and remembering more and more.I want everyone to experience this.If there was ever a non-black person to sing the blues it would be me,and my brother would back me up w/ his guitar.

…The bells are ringing…it tolls for me.Maybe like Bruce Lee.Herb

…Gibran is a favorite,

A old gal friend(Michelle) that I believe still pines for me to this day(I guess the same could be said about me) ,gave me his book on this very holiday some 30 years ago.She is my link to the past,we talk,and wait together,both not more than a stones throw away,yet caught up in our own time warps,galaxys apart.Herb

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas, 1952

Always one of my favorite poems.

“Life’s a garden, Dig it”. Joe Dirt, 2001

Merry Christmas,Herb

…watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea…have you ever been experienced?

Jimi Hendrix

The woman in a designer dress and covered with diamonds enters Dale Velzy’s shop and said…“I need an 8’6” surfboard for my son".Velzy takes a yardstick to a 9’2" and “measures” it stating “Yep,I got an 8’6” right here that’ll be $150". RB

I remember the girl (Ginny) to whom I offered the gift of The Prophet, back in San Diego in 1981. I still have a picture of us posing in Civil War getups for a gag. She refused the gift, too much wisdom all at once, and we broke each other’s hearts. I often wonder how she fares these days.

I can identify. Much of life is unrecognized waiting.

Broke out my guitar last night, sang “The Blues is Just a Bad Dream.” I awake periodically, sometimes many years apart, in the hour of the wolf, something familiar creeping up on me. Why, it’s that imp third order change grinning at me from the foot of my bed. Here we go again. Up and out, away and way gone. I ran away from home four times since I first ran away from home, I think, but maybe I lost count. People said later, sometimes many years apart, it’s what they thought I needed to do, and that they were glad I followed what charms me, because that’s how they “experienced” me. So, maybe I have been lucky enough to have been experienced. What will charm me next? My Spirit Helper is waiting with the answer, but I’m not done here, I don’t surf well enough yet, among other things.

I really need a good dentist, because I really need a good clean(s)ing. Open wide! Trust the dreams.

“Always remember. Never forget. No matter where you go, there you are.”

Buckaroo Bonzai

And for my Holiday, I am going to meet Ambrose and friends and seriously overeat on Christmas Day evening, at the Sheraton in Poipu, and spend money I don’t have, after surfing all day, and remember why I ran away from home so many times, to be home here, for a time.

If Dylan (Thomas that is) had discovered surfing maybe he wouldn’t have drunk himself to death?

Nice quotation Pete - if you’ve read “little cough” - he describes my favourite surf spots

Apparently - the pisshead couple in “under milkwood” were based on my grandparents…what a claim to fame!

…WOW!

THANKYOU guys.

Herb

Likewise!

Thank you all and to all a good start.

A man must read a manly heart,

To gather strength, and then depart.

Happy New Year!

every guy’s a clumsy poet, and every girl’s a beauty queen…but , they’re so caught up in appearances that they don’t really know what they mean .

[Alex Smith, ‘moving pictures’ [oz rock band of the 1980s and 1990’s] ]

BEN 

… it seems when “Ambrose” is ‘away’, then the mice come out to play eh ? whaddya say ?

When the Apache warrior married, he entered his new wife’s family. However, it was absolutely taboo to speak with his mother-in-law or for her to speak to him. The Apache’s sacred number was four. What does this have to do with this thread? I have no idea. But, I will have another beer, thank you. Mike

Thanks for reminding me, Mike…

“Everything is sacred, you make a difference.” “Nothing greater, nothing lesser.”

Little Crow, A Sioux holy man and my teacher who passed away this year.

It was told to me, that at his memorial, a large eagle swooped down over his ashes then circled up into the stratosphere…

I will raise my glass to you, Mike and all fellow survivors - Happy New Year!

Funny thing…I got a Voodo Child too! And it loves Hendrix, but it need to work on speed and accuracy