Setting fin cant during fin install Futures

So I have seen this question asked a few times, but not always how I would like it discussed. I have read in depth, any info I can find on the topic but still come up perplexed. Maybe not everyone puts as much thought into this as I did, but it has been bothering me again due to a couple boards I was brought to install the futures plugs and glass.
Question is that when setting your futures fin boxes directly into the shaped blank are you all setting your fin CANT angle based on a flat bottom between the fins? If so, then on a flat board, this is a no brainer… Use angle finder to set fin angle according to your desired angle or what is on the dummy fin(ex. 6.5degrees)
However, if there is major concave or double concave, when you put your angle finder flat on the deck and push it up against the fin to see the angle you are actually either setting an angle larger than desired or smaller than desired. How do you negate the fact that your bottom is not flat?
I just ordered an angle finder with a level on the base. Plan to make certain the base is level using the bubble, then can push the angle finder part against the fin to be sure it is set correctly.
This question is aside from routing the hole and not concerning leveling the jig plate or using the timmy tool. This is assuming you have a decent hole to work with that is at the right depth.
So when the resin is in the route and the box has been pressed in, before walking away, how are you certain you have achieved the desired angle given the concave of the board?
Am I right in that assuming if I have a level surface across the board, and I set my fin angle based off the level surface, then the concave or whatever bottom contour I have is beside the point?
I really tried not to make a redundant post, so slap me on the wrist if I have

Depending on the concave it would more or less be beside the point. But you are on the right track if you use an “angle finder” that has a level at the base. That should alleviate any uncertainty.

Having the fins that will be most likely be used in the board helps too because sometimes there is cant in the tabs on the fin itself.

Sorry my pic went sideways. Ps. Ifyou use the level on your angle finder make sure the board is level on the racks first.

Thank you for your insight on this. Sways is invaluable for so many reasons. Gonna keep on keepin on. So many little things to drive me nuts, but in the end, when i’m in the water on my board, that nagging question of imperfection I could not stop thinking about during the build is so far from my brain and I’m just enjoying.

Glue a level on the from and your golden.

No concaves are going to be dead nuts perfect and the same. Slide side to side a bit to make sure it’s level - set angle - tape - cure - lam.

Route hole a little deep to give some ability to rock box in foam. Put fins in boxes…insert into foam…wiggle till it looks right