Setting finboxes and adding thickner to the epoxy

Hi people, need some advice again please!

About to set the finboxes with Resin Research Kwik Kick and I read or saw somewhere which recommends adding this stuff to the epoxy - http://www.seabase.eu/product/MFS/Seabase/Coatings-:AND:-Sealants/Ceramic-

Is this in fact the same stuff as Cab-O-Sil?

I can’t for the life of me find the link or tutorial with information as to how much thickner to add to the epoxy for setting finboxes (and leash plugs I suppose), can anyone recommend the thickner to epoxy ratio please?

Also - is Additive F recommended at this stage? And if so, how much?

Cheers :slight_smile:

BB-
Which foam, which resin, which boxes?

No additive F.

Hey J - EPS foam, Resin Research Kwik Kick resin, Future boxes

Agreed with no add f. I don’t use a specific amount. Just add a little at a time untill it’s as thick as you want it, I like it thick but still pourable. I also prefer to use milled fibers as opposed to this stuff or cabosil.

BB-
If your rout is true to size, I do not anticipate any trouble using the mixed resin ‘straight up’.
When I add spheres it’s just a guess/feel thing for me too. I read 50% by volume somewhere but cannot testify since I do not measure.
There is a relevant thread today about a meltdown on an EPS+epoxy+ FCS install.
Colored board or colored boxes would lead me away from spheres too.

I’m not chasing links, but assume you speak of Cabosil. Which is fine and used by Loehr in his Epoxy Video.

Thanks all! :slight_smile:

Good info from wavewhisperer. The simple truth is that Greg Loehr’s videos on Shaping and glassing EPS/Epoxy say it all. Those videos take the mystery out of it. Sways Bros tend to overthink it. Lowel