sex!

now that i have your attention, check out my second board progress pic’s.

laying up the ribs…

the bottom decking on…

the 6’6" on the first board. 10 footer…

timber selection. this one is all cedar (except the stringer) as opposed to the longboard which i used pine/cedar. i really wanted to keep the weight down on this one as the longboard is a real tank! fun to surf but i nearly need 2 people to get it there.

Thought it would be something like that.

wow. gorgeous boards; both of them. i really love the nose on that ten footer. i’m excited to see the six six.

and yes, you grabbed my attention. haha. although this is swaylocks not the 'er bb. the boards though … sex!

merry christmas.

Yep, you got my attention! Kept it too. I’ve been dreaming about woody (the board that is) for a while now. Just need the courage to start one. Some skill wouldn’t hurt either. Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to the progress! What are you doing to decrease the weight of the 6’6"? Doesn’t seem like pine would weigh that much more than cedar. Hope your having a good Christmas (if your into that sort of thing).

ive kept the weight down, or tried to keep the weight down by hollowing out all the ribs. using 4mm ply for the ribs and stringer. only using cedar cos pine really is quite heavy.

on the longboard i glassed the deck inside and out. on the 6’6" im only goin to glass the outside. also i reduced the decking thickness from 8mm to 5mm.

it does’nt sound much but all the little things add up.

i glassed the longboard a little heavy too cos it was the first board ive glassed.

christmas?..glad its over really. i do love the food and all the days off but…

It’s best to glass the deck on the inside too. that makes a sandwich!

8mm is indeed way too thick. I would use 3mm on bottom and 5mm on deck with both glassed on both sides with one 4oz layer.

You’re doing horny work mate!

I would turn down sex over decent waves anyday.

I mean kneehigh slop would lose to say heidi klum but head high offshore barrel are greater than just about everyone.

Quote:
I would turn down sex over decent waves anyday.

I mean kneehigh slop would lose to say heidi klum but head high offshore barrel are greater than just about everyone.

i second that notion!!!

Neither of you are married are you? At least not with children. Hey, beggars can’t be choosers. Then again the surf has been crap here lately so… I’ve been begging. Now Sirwanksalot, you know he’s got to be married with children. Oh ya, I still really like your boards. Now we’re back OT.

well, you dont have to trade one for the other. The only challenge is staying in good enough shape to surf the whole day and then head home and have enough left for the lady. Dont see why you cant have both.

Quote:
Neither of you are married are you? At least not with children.

correct. not married. no children. life is good!

on the other hand, i do have a girlfriend that drives me fricken crazy!