Seychelles surf

Hi everyone, i know this is a long shot, but figured id ask anyways. Has anyone here ever surfed in the Seychelles, or have any information regarding surfing there? The wife and i are going in may and would like to at least try and find a few waves. I know there is nothing great and it is fairly inconsistent, but anything will be better than nothing. Any ideas for getting my hands on a board would be very helpful, as the only surf shop that i have found charges $55/day for board rental and they are about an hour drive from our part of the island. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if not, i guess ill just have to enjoy the views like a normal tourist.

I have a friend that used to sail in the Seychelles and showed me pics of very good surf , but he had the advantage of surf access by boat , the Seychelles are in the Indian ocean not that far from the Maldives and get some of the same swells . If the surf shop has decent boards , their must be surf . Good luck

I spent 5 months there years ago and had some really good waves.
There are lots of spots on Mahe, mostly reef, but some beautiful beaches too.
Yes it’s inconsistent, and I didn’t see any waves over 3 foot, but I got good quality waves, to myself.
One of the most beautiful places on earth, have fun.
Edit; I was with boat people and got to surf some good small, outer island reef waves as well…I want to go too…

Get a quality surf mat. Then you are always prepared.

Yeah, we will be staying on the NW part of Mahe, and i have read that there are a couple of decent breaks near us. Just having troubles dealing with board logistics. We are flying Turkish airlines and it has been next to impossible to get info on surfboard bag fees. I have a travel bag, but dont want to spend an extra $500 to take boards to a mediocre destination.

All I could suggest is contact the Seychelles Yacht Club, only because that is where a lot of expats and foreigners hang out and eat. You might get some local surfboard info there…good luck.