Shape3d printer margins

Hi all, i have searched through the archives and haven’t come across someone else that had my current issue. Using shape3d, after putting together all the pages, my printed outline template is slightly smaller (shorter and narrower) than the dimensions the board should be. To compensate for this I mark out correct dimensions on masonite and try and fit the paper curve as close as possible. But, Im assuming that there are some preset printer margins that allow templates to be printed to exact size, (to avoid this issue in the future) but i can’t seem to find those listed anywhere.  Anyone know what they should be set to? Thanks for any assistance.

I don’t have an answer to your specific question, because I dan’t use the templating printout function (I understood that to be what your question’s about). I do use S3d to template, though, and to play around with designs. I’ll often use it to tweak dims & design of preexisting shapes, to remake them, and then use the “Plan” view printout to hand template the final shape, blending from existing templates.

I use the Shape3d Free version, and the “Plan” printout, regardless of being printed in landscape or portrait format, gets some number garbled or chopped off – maybe it has something to do with being the free version. It could be that the glitch you’re experiencing is due to using the “free” rather than paid version as well, I don’t know.

But you can template from the “Plan” numbers, rather than trying to get the software to print you a template.

Step 1: print out the “Plan”
2: dot-to-dot the width readouts
3: use templates to blend from dots

Pretty straightforward.

If you don’t have existing templates you can create a new one by taking nails and placing them (in the foam) along the dots from the readouts, placing a flexible length of wood (or whatever will flex properly) along the line of the nails, and using the line created by the flexible strip to trace your outline. Then, after that, if you want to make a template, you would be tracing it onto your template material from the actual foam after cutting/sanding the outline.