Shape3d questions especially concerning rocker

***** Help me Mr. Miki **************

This relates to one of my board models that had been digitized or scanned.

It seems the scan was done with the board bottom

resting well ahead of the midpt. Consequently all my board stats within the program

relating to rocker are askew and unrelatable.

There are several dialogue boxes representing this askewness.

i.e.

1)The Master Scale dialogue box reading: rocker ‘from tail’ at 0" , 12" etc represent this askewness,

as well as rocker ‘from the nose’ represent this askewness.

2)‘Size and Parameters’ dialogue box: nose rocker, tail rocker readings are askew for the same reason; ‘board scanned resting well forward of the midpt.’

1. ‘Measurement Wizard’ dialogue box: all rocker dimensions represent board resting well forward of midpt.

Question: How do I ‘Normalize’ these measurements to the midpoint of the board within these numerous dialogue boxes?

I need to be pointed how to correct this or it certainly it is a missing and needed feature?

Can’t you rock the board until the tail and nose lift are correct? (2nd icon in the toolset)

Quote:

Can’t you rock the board until the tail and nose lift are correct? (2nd icon in the toolset)

hmmm, seems that rocking the board to the midpt doesnt change the board stats till you save the file.

My bad!

Rocking the board is somewhat appx. using ctr-tab, I cant get the exact center.

Additionally ‘Size and Parameters’ and ‘Measurement Wizard’ agree on board stats.

Yet, the ‘Master Scale’ measurements are slightly different.

This is confusing, can it be explained?

Interesting quesstion

Try Thomas or Emmanuel at S3d - they’ve always been really helpful.

Red