Shaping Chat Room ?

…I use Q-tips with alcohol,between coats,to wipe the > tip(s)(generally),but a moist papertowel,etc.will work just fine(a tip > picked-up from Big Daddy Roth).>>> …The bucket with the water/soap combo is a 2-ga. bucket with > 2ccs of dawn dishsoap in it.I completely submerge my equipment into the > bucket of soapy water,never changing the mix.The soap keeps the residual > paint from sticking to my equipment.I can use very contaminated > water(opague brown H2O),and still lift out clean,clear equipment.I use > this technique inbetween colors,as well as to clean-up with at the end of > the day.The soap doesnot cause any adverse reactions to the paintjob,but > you can have a extra bucket of clear H2O to rinse the soapy water off,but > it’s really not needed.Magoo,the dawn soap actully works better,and is > much,much cheaper to use.>>> …I use this technique from start to finish,then air blow the > equipment dry.I use the cheapest crap airbushes and touch-up gun on the > market,and as you can see I get great results.I have a fancy brush ,but > rarely use it for surfinboards.>>> …It was really cool hanging out at Big Daddy’s garage,watching and > learning stuff.He was never up-set about questions or how toos.He even > painted,carpeted my skateboards for me.He was a great man and a garager > like me.Herb(I miss you wisdom,and kindness,Eddie) When I’m done with a paint job I run simple green thru my paint gun then some water to flush the s.g. Blow dry with compressor,spray lube the needle,hang it up til the next job. If ineed to spray the same color the next day I’ll fill the paint resavoir with paint,tape over the vent hole and start right where I left off the day before. I use Astra touch-up guns at $ 35 to $40 a gun.Aloha Kokua

Hey, anyone know if there is a chat room where shapers chat? If not, maybe > we should look into having one to complement this discussion forum. I know > there are free chat room programs out there for those that have web space. > Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea…>>> --NM I thought this was a shaper’s chat room (or close to it).

Cleanlines,>>> KEKEKEKEK… I have the same feeling on my first board building. Too many > jargon, technical terms, chemical reaction etc, I never meet these stuffs > before. I think too much about the board building even when I m watching > TV, may be somedays I find myself walking down the street without wearing > a pant.>>> Regards,>>> Crabie All of the true master craftsmen I ever met were obsessed with their craft,it is the key obtaining the skill level that you seek.I lived and breathed surfboard building for twenty years…I reached a pretty high level and went on to other things.I am now 55 years old and have the bug again…it is a lot of fun.One of the coolest things is being able to communicate with guys like you in other countries that share the same interests.I bet that there are a bunch of folks around here on this site that would give you hospitality if you came to the U.S.A. Hell surfers never pay for hotels…there is always a bro with a floor to sleep on.I guess I ought to stop bitching about computers…if I didn’t have one I wouldn’t be able to spew my brilliant theories.Ha!

When I’m done with a paint job I run simple green thru my paint gun then > some water to flush the s.g. Blow dry with compressor,spray lube the > needle,hang it up til the next job. If ineed to spray the same color the > next day I’ll fill the paint resavoir with paint,tape over the vent hole > and start right where I left off the day before. I use Astra touch-up guns > at $ 35 to $40 a gun.Aloha Kokua My mistake, the stuff I lube my spray rig needles with is called Super Lube,not spray lube, you can get it a any airbrush supply,a little goes a long long way.It took me 4 years to use up about 1 ounce. Kokua

I thought this was a shaper’s chat room (or close to it). Just curious What is the difference between a chat room and a forum?I assume that this is a forum…I have never seen a chat room.thanks

Mike… Your undertaking of the Knowledge Base, is a major contribution to the art & craft of surfboard building…Thank You!!! The outline you’ve set up IS comprehensive…This WILL BE the resource that board builders have been needing since, well forever… I think that the Discussion Forum will lighten up a bit, with the redundant questions having answers centrally located in the Knowledge Base…Perhaps that will free up the Discussion Forum for more challenging, conceptual, progessive, idea based, and thought provoking areas of give & take… Again Mike, thanks for your contribution to fueling our passion for perfection!!! Paul

chat room is real time. like telephone with a typewriter. you could miss a lot or be the only one there.

chat room is real time. like telephone with a typewriter. you could miss a > lot or be the only one there. Thanks J.R. that made it pretty clear.

Looks good Mike. Keep it up. Thanks alot for hosting Swaylocks, it’s the best! regards, Håvard

My mistake, the stuff I lube my spray rig needles with is called Super > Lube,not spray lube, you can get it a any airbrush supply,a little goes a > long long way.It took me 4 years to use up about 1 ounce. Kokua …I use 2 major firearms materials for cleaning,and lube.Mpro-7,and snake oil,big differences?Same results,eh Kokua?Herb