Shaping the gun ...

So I have the blank now … and a good outline to start with. What about the contours … should the bottom be flat then a little vee in the last couple feet, or would some concaves be good in there …

How much should I dome that deck down … guessing I’d want to keep some volume on those rails, but I’m sure not the full 3 1/2 inches.

Quad fins, twin, or 2+1? This is no Maverick’s board just something good to double/triple OH, not getting suicidal yet …

Looking for ideas … got a good blank to start with thanks to Ken, now I’ve just got to start mowing it down …

Billy

If it were me, I’d put v with double concaves. Concaves runing from about 4’ from the tail and ending right before your center fin. Thruster for sure. And contrary to some previous advise, I definately would not use thick boxy rails. Keep the meat in the majority of the board, but thin down the rails. I have a 9-2 gun with thick boxy rails and wish I’d thinned the rails down. My popsicle board has thick boxy rails and I wish I’d thinned them down. They both take more effort to surf than they should. I can surf both just fine, but if someone with less experience took them out, I think they would have a hard time getting used to the feel. I’ve learned my lesson. No more thick boxy rails!