Share the stoke ! [photos]

11’ of mal, coming your way !

Hey Swifty.

Were you guys in Bundoran for a wedding. I remember paddling out to the peak to find 3 or 4 yanks on their own before the rest of the crowds arrived.

Another fine Fall day at Sand Dollar Beach (10/29/04)…

On Sunday Kay and I went to the Mick Mock annual surf auction at Mona Vale north of Sydney. Bees around the honey pot! Kids in a candy store! Grown men drooling over some old foam and fibreglass!!! Now I can start looking foward to next years drooling.platty.

The third photo is a Phill Edwards shaped Hobie, Dana Point.7 stringer balsa 10’ er.

The starting bid was 5000A$ so the reserve price would have been up around the 7/8000 $ mark.

Hi BrianK

No we were’nt I was visiting a friend who lives in Dublin he is a fellow South African but we did surf for about 1.5 our before 2 other South Africans living in Sligo joined us. Do you live in the Bundoran area.

cheers

Hey Swifty.

No I’m living in Cork.

Myself and a buddy traveled up to Bundoran for a few mid week days of surfing. We scored the peak at about 4-5 ft off shore and 6ft + on some of the bigger sets. Like you myself and my buddy were out with 3 others for about 1 hour before all the crowds came out.

Di you get to any of the other breaks around the area.

Wow, what a great auction it was. So many great boards, pictures, mags and photos.

I didnt stay the whole timie, but i did hear that the expected price of the Phil Edwards shaped Hobie, would have been around $10 000, and that was from Mick himself.

hi BrianK

With the peak going off like that why would we want to go any where else we had it like that for 2 days. Luckily our wives had not seen each other for a long time so they left us to surf our arms off. The only problem I had was my board was a bit crappy (my first board) it was sliding out a bit.

We did surf Esky on another weekend when the Peak was small and onshore. We surfed Esky rights as there was a contest on at the lefts. I was amazed at the number of good waves we drove past with no one on them. I would love to take a 2 week trip to that area for a bit of exploration I rekon half the spots are just never surfed as there is no problem with crowds etc.

I am sitting in the UK in Wiltsire. We have some good spots but lacks consistancy

cheers

Hey Swifty.

You guys got real lucky coz when the peak goes off like that there is normally a crowd. Did the left link all the way over to the beach side of the point. looks like it was very well formed that day.

I’ve yet to surf Easky. how did you find it. Any of the "so called " locals there. You’d know them quite instantly coz they are a bunch of aggressive tossers.

Hi BrianK

The crowds came in at about 10:30 We had been out since the sun came up. That is the secret in Europe if you want to score good waves by yourself is go surf when the sun comes up. It is a beutiful time of day and still off shore incase you stand the risk of getting onshore winds.

It was not linking up to the beach but was comming very close on the sets. The locals we got at the Peak where very friendly and we met up afterwards for a pint of Irish nectare.

Esky was a bit of a different story we did get a bit of stink eye from one or two of the guys but we just did’nt hassel them or anything like that. They just left us alone. But certainly not as friendly as the peak. Easky’s peak shifts a bit, not as mechanical at the Peak but it is an OK wave. The left is better than the right and give you more of a chance to throw some nice cutbacks than the Peak. I have here’d esky is a bit more consistant though

cheers

Hey.

You’re right when you say that it’s more consistant coz it stands a much better chance of getting of shores but I’d rate the left at the peak over Easky.

The locals at the peak are usually fairly laid back and friendly. Did you meet Richie from the surfshop.

The wierd thing about Easky is that those guys giving you the crooked eyes are no more local than me at Fistral or Croyde. These guys are a mixture of Welsh and English who’ve set up home with their caravans at Easky. They live there pretty much all year round and now CLAIM the wave as their own.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s nothing against Welsh or English. I’d be equally annoyed if Yanks or South Africans arrived at my local break behaved in the same way.

You did the right thing though. Just ignore them and set about cathing your own fair share of waves.

…a winged stinger kneeboard ??

‘Morning Mist’…

by Hickster… " fanks heeps , MMmmmaaaate !! "

herbie…

…made it !!

huddo…

huddo again…

more " Noddy"

I whacked these in here mainly for you, Josh and “Deathfrog”…

[ just to show you don’t have to become a fat toad and start riding longboards just because you turn 30 or something.]

Noddy , from memory, is approaching 40, still rides thin thrusters [he makes himself], and surfs as well as his goofyfoot older brother Dave Macaulay, who lives not far from north point…

… two shaper surfers who both can still throw spray !

"chip"

mulky boy…