Shipping to Australia?

Have a friend that wants a fish surfboard shipped from California (LA) to Brisbane. Cheapest airport-airport I can find is $281! DHL is $585! Any ideas less than $200 besides inner tube??

Quote:

Have a friend that wants a fish surfboard shipped from California (LA) to Brisbane. Cheapest airport-airport I can find is $281! DHL is $585! Any ideas less than $200 besides inner tube??

There is none…and take my word for it…you never know when you will get another bill after it’s been delivered.

If you know an airline steward buff them out with a couple of bucks if you’re only sending one board. They get a certain amount of luggage on free of charge per year. With Qantas anyway.

Daren

Moku,

$281 is a REALLY good shipping rate. We get inquiries all over the world for our surfboard building kits which are packaged to ship as cheaply as possible ($30 USD for the East Coast USA) and the international average rate is around $300.

Make sure you pack that board with a lot of protection - nothing worse than a receiving a broken board and fighting with the shipping company for months to get your money back.

Best of Luck!

~Brian

www.greenlightsurfsupply.com

Moku,

If the $281 is a reputable company take it - I’d be interested to know the company. I thought DHL is door to door. Usually they are pretty good. Did you speak to someone and get a price or use the online quote? If the fins can’t be removed you will be charged volume weight which is a killer.

Bob

Sheesh - You guys oughtta see the quote I just received to ship a longboard to France for Guilhem Rainfray!

If anybody has any ideas on a shipper for a longboard from Los Angeles (or Oakland/San Francisco) to France, please advise.

Overseas freight packing ideas? DHL recommended a wooden crate which adds a lot of weight. We absolutely do not want this board to get dinged.

Has anybody tried The Luggage Club which has been runnnig banner ads?

Thanks!

map cargo lax to japan 160.00 longboard try them

yeah map cargo

just got four longboards in yesterday $392 to ireland

Scott/Paul -

Thanks! I will give them a try.

John, thanks again for what you’ve been doing. You never give up, do you?

LAX - AU:

Map Cargo $316

Pilot Air Freight - $287

ouch