Shop Names

Thank you very very much for your time Doc.

Solid Surf

Shacked

Super Stix

"Water Bred" Aloha,Kokua

just in case you haven’t decided yet :

AUTHENTIC SURF SHOP

or 

AUTHENTIC OCEAN SURF SHOP

(wordplay on ‘atlantic ocean’ considering you’re waaaaaay down under!)

cheers,

Adrian…

your on the right track… i have run with that basic plan for 5+ years now… gone from 8 stockys to 250…

core board acc are the go. as are very limited basic tees…

i think i know what your thinking about “yorky surf” but dont be scared to commit long term to a name that people know…

forget the boogs. stick to your core. get eftpos software that puts your whole invertory online as well so everything you have is available to your clients everywhere in oz… Xsilva is 1 for mac, and im sure there is others out there…

I like bizgravy's,... " Salt Mine Surfshop " . 

How about… YORK TOWN   (didnt read teh full post to see if its been suggested, but it sounds kinda fun)

YORKYS SURF SHACK

‘Over Board’

‘The Board Walk’

‘Fully Board’

‘No Boardshit’

if it was in N.Z     ‘Board Ez Bro’

your board

get board

"Just Surf" Aloha Kokua

Cool Dave, I reckon you’ve got one of the best positioned shops on the East coast, Bit of a gold mine hey.

Good to here from you cheers

Kokua,

I can’t help but feel you’d have to have a slogan on some Tee’s

Front “Shut Up”

Back “Just Surf”

Cheers

Dave, I have a question for you, If you choose not to answer…well just spin some shit. ha ha

You were trading as “Ferral Dave” surfboards for a good period of time.

Then changed to “Diverse”

Why?

…I feel if I called my shop “Yorky _____”  It would be harder To sell the shop when it came time to get out.

Was this your thinking??

Or just You Liked Diverse better???

Like (I know there is no other brand that will ever come close) but Al Merric trades as Channel Island… And has sold Channel Island (I can’t remember who to, snow board mob I think).

Ta

yep i told you i thought i knew what you were thinking… i saw the examples around as to having dual branding… muzza/pipedream, merrick/ci, mayhem/lost etc…   there was also a fair bit of negative branding issues here locally with the byron ferals etc at the time… i wanted/want to leave my brand open to add another shaper to our range if need be. 

i think i have your shop name…

“Y Surf” it incorporates some of your branding but leave enough top move away from it when you want to…

or “WHY Surf”

Across the Board Surfshop

Board Quarter Surfshop

Thanks for all your help!

We have decided to build a “Yorky” factory at Coolum on the sunshine coast QLD.

…I’m going to call it after the Brand of my boards, “Yorky international”.

Once again thanks for all your thoughts. Cheers to you all.

…I must say it has been a stressfull time over the last month or two, however things are working in our favour now.

Its getting exciting…Although I have not shaped a board for a few weeks now… I need a dust fix…NOT!, ha ha. I feel real healthy,…nar its all in the mind!

I have started a factory build thread in the “Industry section”.

…A  build thread from the ground to the 1st boards then to the Ocean ;-).

So Damn exciting.

…My internet is shit here right now, so things may lag a day or so…

Cheers, Take care, and enjoy.

Yorky

Yorky:

I wish you and your family only the best and may you new shop prosper!

Kind regards,

Surfding

Hi Yorky,

all the best with the  new joint.

I happened to be up the sunny coast and spotted a few of your boards at alex surf nice work your boards are sweet. I am so use to surfshops that sell boards going for the hard sell. The guys at alex were great a proper board shop selling boards, threw a few questions at them and kicked a few tires. They Informed us about the few different boards yours included then told us were to go for a surf in the morn to happy to help. The kind of surf shop that use to be around when i was a boy.

anyway good luck

Crex