Should I Glass It?

So I shaped a traditional Lis-style fish over the weekend but she came out a little thin. Dimensions are 5’4.5”x20.5”x2”. Problem came from finally getting my technique down with the planer and just getting a little too excited with my newfound skill. Everything else came out as planned (or good enough for me). I’m 6’2”x190lbs but have been surfing most of my life. I’m sure I could stand up on it and maybe even get a decent wave or two, but I don’t think it’ll have that effortless glide that I’d want from a fish. So what would you do? Wondering if I should scrap it before I spend the money/time making the keels and glassing it. A new blank would run me another $77 (ouch).

Something else I thought about was adding a thin piece of foam to the deck before I glass it. I don’t have any pu handy but could get a sheet of xps from Home Depot. Just a thought, not sure how I’d execute it yet.

I personally would glass it. if it doesn’t work out for you maybe you could sell it to someone smaller or even give it to a friend or something. I know that a lot of money to spend glassing it if your not gonna use it but it looks pretty sweet and you already put a lot of effort into it. might as well finish it and improve your glassing skills.

At 6’2" x 190, you’re gonna need another one for your other foot.

I love this. I was thinking the same thing

Sweet colors!
Finish it out, make someone happy…