Show us your home-made fins ....

made with plywood and cedar lam in middle

Ahh Chip, your favourite thing. And so many nice ones to comment on!   Gallager - ttoo nice, too nice. And surfthis, i’m digging the asymetrical set-up and the reverse curved diallers…   Here’s a pair for a recent fish - awaiting glass. JD      

gallagher,

Those are beautiful!!:slight_smile: How did you get the checkerboard pattern in the wood? Its awesome!

These fins are inspiring!

Can anyone comment on what materials the bases for removable fin systems are made of?  i.e. if you construct a mold/jig set up what do you pour into the mold to create the base of the fin to work in a finbox / future box / etc?

Many thanks!

This is how i do it…I bet there are better ways, I’m just not smart enough to figure them out.

good luck

dg

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/IMG_1659.jpg

keels for the mini-simmons

you guys… no words for your work!

My first and only ones.

here’s my first attempt at foiling keels…still have to push both the entry and exit foils further though.

G5 Koru thruster set .these have curved side fins that have zero cant. 

on brad tuckers fin base:

paulownia pivot fin, 10-inch

i just used straight epoxy for the tabs with the plywood extended into it. made a touch oversize then sanded to fit

…those look very nice , ‘Cornelyus’ !   …is that a carbon fibre inside edge I see there , mate ?   Also ,  what are the depth of those , and how long is the base , please ?   it’s a nice template , one of yours ?   cheers !     ben

thanks SO much , everyone , by the way , for posting shots of your creations …     there are some BEAUTIFUL fins here , VERY inspiring !! …   …please keep them coming , guys !     cheers     ben

Cedar shim sunburst single fin

nice

Just finished shaping these

this are mine i’m novice.

2 layers of fiberglass and a wooden fin

pair o twins

andrew those are really pretty!

Why Thank you :smiley: im making some more right now