Sidecut to the extreme, really keen to know your thoughts about the concept..

Started tweeking my peanut file, to make a similar board to a “short game” gunna call it the “weenut”
Incorporate the rocker from my other groveller that goes un real.

Good one Tall Timber… Funny log on name too… do you work for FireWire?
I’ve been married 26 years and I have 3 very attractive daughters. My unit works fine. We’re doing a little Mom and Dad get away this weekend…Know what I mean?..
I’m Not interested in riding a surfboard shaped like a dong… A guy like you can ride anything… you don’t need to promote this stuff unless you have something to sell…
Funny how the boards in this thread started out really extreeme and ended up with slight woobles in the rails.

“The Cornice is by leaps and bounds the most efficient, fast and manoeuvrable craft I’ve ever ridden and not a surf goes by where someone doesn’t tell me how fast it looks.
When I swap with a mate it feels like I’m dragging an anchor behind their PU.”
You work for Firewire
I get it.

I’ve never heard a surfer talk like that.

you would never ride a sidecut board you don’t eat bananas, cucumbers… or any other product with a penis shape.
There are a lot of positive comments on internet related to sidecut boards but otherwise it’s nearly impossible to find negative comments from surfers who have ridden sidecut boards. A lot of negative posts but none of them have tried a sidecut board, only opinions about the shape and how it looks like (similar to yours).
I don’t know if Tall Timber works or not for Firewire and I don’t care, but it makes sense what he says. The most normal thing in a sidecut thread is to write positively (or in a negative way obviously) about our experiences riding sidecut boards.
Here some of the post I’ve found:

increase

…so I cant read the file, nor can I control plus + it. No matter, I already know the gist of the comments.

Its a public forum, anyone can post here, regardless of where they work or whether or not they’ve ever ridden a “sidecut” surfboard. To my mind, an opinion about a shape seems pretty pointless if you have never ridden one. But thats just me.

I’ve been around long enough to have heard the same type comments about fishes, bonzers, softtops, and a variety of others, from fat penguins to pickle forks to square noses to asymetricals, most often by people who never rode one. Yet each has their devotees.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with trying different stuff, and riding what you like. Variety keeps life interesting. I’ve also been around long enough to realize our time here is pretty short, and there are way more serious problems in the world than not liking the next guys surfboard shape, or opinions on surfboard shapes, for that matter. Its all relative.

I sure as heck don’t work for fire wire.
I have exchanged emails with people who have. I won’t be posting on this thread I think, but I will go back to my original build thread. And add to it with the progress of anything else I come up with of the same direction.

Stay stoked everyone. Especially sting ray. Your boards look really nice and I hope you get many barrels where ever you paddle.

Some are unaware that their preferences in surfboards are very similar to commonly held views about dongs. Bigger is better.
And some desire little bumps on the stick’s surface.
Sex Wax, “The best for your stick.”
It seems some rides are better than others…

Showing and proving . Thanks for the ride report sk8’s. Always like your threads and pics!

For the record I don’t work for Firewire either. I wish I did though!

…I did not drink the cool aide… I fooled everyone and I am still alive to tell my story…
Drink up Boys…there’s killer surf in Jonestown.

I’ve been doing (mucking around ) with side cuts for quite a while now: really enjoy the feeling of where I’ve developed them.
Good to experiment with different concepts. Really puts a perspective on what design features can work on a surfboard and what you can adapt to.
The 5’5 asymmetrical is still one of my all time favourite surfboards!
White twin tip is 5’3
Blue double enter is 5’10

A few more random images including some early sketches (pre FireWire)

*side note: never post dimensions, specs or concepts on blogs!

Back in the day Benny1 did it and posted it first here in 2004 with his peanut board experiment using a divinycel core and woven bamboo mat I sent him
I miss those crazy days

Historical roots?

You are very brave.
All the best

I swapped boards with my neighbor Doc the other day. I was trying out some new funky g10 fins and He was riding a Parmenter side cut fish made for Mavericks. It’s his 3rd version of the design. It padded great and was nice in smaller surf, I’m going ta take his word for it that it works in over 2x overhead.
It reminded me of an old $25 8’8” 3 3/4 thick sailboard blank that I have had for 10+ years.
Tried to mix up some templates that I have to do the left side- didn’t work that well so now I’m just eye balling it on the right side. Fun!
Going to be my rehab board after 6 months of not standing up- post knee surgery.

What I got out of reading this whole thread is that the goal is to make as many turns on the wave as you can. That reminds me of the old joke of the young bull and old bull looking down on the pasture of cows. What is the point of rushing through the exercise and not try to use the waves as they present themselves? Using the penis example, there is a time for a jackhammer and there is the time for finesse. Both work, but you can’t do them at the same time. Nothin’ wrong with a smooth glide from time to time.

Ian - trippy tips! Care to explain?