sinking oiltanker

hi, i wanne take a surftrip too North-Spain and Portugal by the end off december. DISSASTER, there are 70 000 TONS off heavy oil in the water from a sinkin oiltanker. Are there any Spanish or Portugees surfers here??, how are the beaches, how long gone take the clean-up? Whats the effect on nature for the future? …keep nature clean http://www.surfalicante.com/index.html

hi, i wanne take a surftrip too North-Spain and Portugal by the end off > december. DISSASTER, there are 70 000 TONS off heavy oil in the water from > a sinkin oiltanker. Are there any Spanish or Portugees surfers here??, how > are the beaches, how long gone take the clean-up? Whats the effect on > nature for the future?>>> …keep nature clean Some years ago (1998, 1999?), the tanker “Erika” caused an oil spill off cape finisterre, in the north-east of France (Bretagne). As far as I remeber, it took 2 years to restore the beaches and have " clean " water again. And the amount of spilled oil did not come close to the spanish disaster. But environment still has to suffer in this region. Henning