Size of good noserider fin?

What is a good size and style of fin to use for noseriding on most 10 foot single fin boards?

What is a good size and style of fin to use for noseriding on most 10 foot > single fin boards? I prefer at least 10 inches. My prior favorite was a 10-inch Wingnut Longrake. Now my favorite BY FAR is Gene Cooper’s Hornet fin. It’s 10 3/4". Check out the fins on his site at www.cooperfishsurfboards.com. Hope this helps…deeb…

I prefer at least 10 inches. My prior favorite was a 10-inch Wingnut > Longrake. Now my favorite BY FAR is Gene Cooper’s Hornet fin. It’s 10 > 3/4". Check out the fins on his site at www.cooperfishsurfboards.com. > Hope this helps…deeb… …Boy i tell you.Ive seen them all.Wayne Rich’s new 9’1/2"True Ames for me is the best so far for me.Better one’s will come im sure.This guy work’s hard at what he does. Most of all,he surf’s really well.And it show’s in his shaping and designing.

yeah - the fins with a lot of “hook” to the trailing edge like the Wayne Rich design seem to hold really good.

yeah - the fins with a lot of “hook” to the trailing edge like > the Wayne Rich design seem to hold really good. I use a 9.5" Nuuhiwa noserider type template with good results. Its kind of paralell in its template, and rather upright. It pivots well and doesnt slide out when in the hook.

my all-time favorite fin is the 9.5" DT RetroPivot. you might want to try a 10" on a 10ft board. put it all the way back in the box. like foamdust said its really close to the david nuuhiwa fin if not the same. real stable, holds in like a champ, but it still turns really well even though its more of a pivot type turn than a sweep. my ALLLL-TIIMMMEE favorite, EVERYBODY should have one of these babies. -steve