Skater finds Walker blank at thrift store…

So I found a Walker blank at a local vintage shop in our tiny Northern California town. The shop owner said he obtained the blank when he won an auction on a storage unit, which turned out contained some old surf stuff.

For context: First and foremost, I’m a 40 year old skateboarder who dabbles with surfing. I don’t know much about shaping, but my 65 year old longtime surfing buddy tells me I scored.

The blank is 7’6” x 2’ … not sure on the thickness… It has some holes and dings, but just top layer? It says “83” on it in three locations, including one spot where someone scratched into the top layer “AL 83.” Could it mean the blank was made in 1983? Maybe… but it also has “www.foamez.com” stenciled onto it… maybe it was new old stock? See pics below.

Anyways, I’m trying to decide if I should attempt to shape my own board, or try to sell this blank so I can put the money towards a new custom board made by someone who actually knows what the hell they’re doing!

I read about Walker (and Clark), how they closed shop in early 2000s, and how Walker passed away a few years ago (RIP).

Any info on this particular blank or what you think it’s worth is much appreciated! Thank you.

1 Like

Seems like a very cool find. I am curious about value. I would guess anywhere from 50 bucks to 200, but hard to say what someone might pay.

That’s a score! I could be wrong but I would hazard a guess that it WAS an 8’3" blank that has been cut down. Could be tricky rocker wise to get something out of it? A Mini Simmons maybe???

Little pic on my phone I missed that the nose was chopped off, I thought it was a wood joist or something cutting off the view of the nose, but yeah, looks like someone chopped the nose off an 8-3 blank. Shame, cuz like you said, messes with the rocker, and the value too. Might still be worth 40 or 50 bucks to someone who can get creative with the nose rocker. Be nice to see a rocker shot to know what you are actually dealing with.

1 Like