Skil 100 foam chute

Just got a skil 100 in pretty good condition but it did not come with a chute cover to redirect the foam.  Anyone know where I can get one from?

Pair of tin snips & some sheet metal will do the trick. Just made one for myself last week & works great. Made it a bit taller than the stock one. Or you can pick up a dust collector attachment from Mitch Sehenuk on here, I have one on my other skil which works great as well. 

There is a stock one on ebay if you want to pony up the bucks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKIL-100-PLANER-SAW-DUST-DEFLECTOR-/261419442713?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

i made this one from some plastic wall covering and masking tape. just bent the corner to fit the slot on one side and then just wedged the other side under the motor housing. works pretty good.

13h left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKIL-100-PLANER-SAW-DUST-DEFLECTOR-/261419442713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cddd02219

**I got one of these from Fiberglass Hawaii**

Tried to bid on it. Lost.  Pushed the price up a couple of bucks for you.  Thanks for the info

There’s a guy on eBay selling a chute that is basically a metal plate with a hole drilled into it with a plastic nozzle attached, mounted vertically.  I picked up one of these and have been happy with it.  I attached an ‘L’ PVC elbow with duct tape to direct the outflow.  It’s actually handy to have the duct tape be undependable because I originally had a habit of picking the planer up by the PVC elbow.  The price is reasonable.  I would imagine the guy making them is a member here, so maybe he’ll make his presence known.

If you have a vac set-up, this guy’s accessory is designed for it.  Good deal.

Hey listen if you use a vac set up (which you should) make your own this is tradition in a sence in OPS’ day we all made our own. Me well sold out in 89… Started again in 04 and really missed my old Skil 100 and have been using a Clark Hitatchi too light but alright. A while back scored a nice skil 100 and started on “my” signature dust shoot.

wavecraft does that monster take the airflow from the motor fan and direct it through the chip exhaust?

Not a good option, if you’re left handed, or if you switch sides or direction you cut the blank.

Got’er done very stoked!

Vac system is the way to go very little foam dust going thru the motor and a lot less mess and like Barry and OPS barefootin’ has never been finer! 

Thanks to " Smitty" very nice machine! Blade index already set up for us Oldpharts! 

**It does use the exhaust port of the motor to expel the dust more efficiently. Dave Boehne (Infinity surfboards) Invented manufactured and started selling them in the 70's. Called it the Skil 100 Supercharger. It is large and takes a little getting use to. Once you get use to it, they work great, no clogging like the stock Skil chute. But like Thrailkill says, you need to be right handed. I have every intention in the very near future to phase this out with a vacuum dust collector system. Should have it finish next month.**

Just make one, .010 alum and scissors (don’t use your scissors for cloth).  Different pliers, vises, an orgami book or two.  If you use solder plated sheet you can solder the corners and tabs.  Practice with stiff paper or light cardboard first, flat pattern is flared out from rear.  Make several so you can sell them to next guys who post about these every 3 months.  BTW, interesting safety ground on your front knob. 

Did you get that “turbo” awhile back?  Haven’t seen any around recently.  Think they still have them?  I almost bought a Skil 100 recently that I didn’t need just to get the turbo.  Lowel

I bought the Skil 100 exhaust chute about a year ago. I had to call Fiberglass Hawaii, in Hawaii. They have a guy that makes them. Cost $65.00 plus shipping A little pricey but my old one was in rough shape and I really wanted another one.

steve boehne (infinity surfboards ) is the creator of the turbo chute…you can contact him…i think he still makes/sells them.

herb

oh ya…you can make one out of a sunny d 4 or 6oz plastic bottle…ez to work with and works 100%.

herb

thanks wavy,

i haven’t talked to steve in years…we knew each other thru friends,and surfing together…herb