Skil 100 Over priced

Did anyone see that skil 100 on ebay today? It went to a very close $1000 bucks. Man, some people got lots of money to blow. I think spending a grand is very over priced for a skil 100.

Did anyone see that skil 100 on ebay today? It went to a very close $1000 > bucks. Man, some people got lots of money to blow. I think spending a > grand is very over priced for a skil 100. I have been using a skil for over 35 years and couldn’t live without it.I can see where a pro shaper that makes his living day in and day out with one of these would pay that kind of money.It will last forever if treated right.If you are a part time guy you don’t really need one,there are lots of other planers on the market.Believe it or not some of these planers are being bought by glass suppliers and they are getting up to two grand for em.

I have been using a skil for over 35 years and couldn’t live without it.I > can see where a pro shaper that makes his living day in and day out with > one of these would pay that kind of money.It will last forever if treated > right.If you are a part time guy you don’t really need one,there are lots > of other planers on the market.Believe it or not some of these planers are > being bought by glass suppliers and they are getting up to two grand for > em. …I’ve seen trashed un-skills get $7-900.00.Herb

…I’ve seen trashed un-skills get $7-900.00.Herb Yo Herb.You come up with some great stuff.How about building a cordless planer,kind of a cross between a hitachi and a skil?24 volt replacable battery etc.You can do it,Herb.I will order one right now.

Yo Herb.You come up with some great stuff.How about building a cordless > planer,kind of a cross between a hitachi and a skil?24 volt replacable > battery etc.You can do it,Herb.I will order one right now. …That’s a out of the box idea…I LIKE IT!..I’ll give it some thought.Herb

…That’s a out of the box idea…I LIKE IT!..I’ll > give it some thought.Herb Herb I actully think that Makita came out with something like this a few years ago but it was only a little baby trim planer around 1.5 inches wide.I saw it in a woodworking catalog but it may be gone by now.You may really be on to something…go…go…go.

I was 15 and decided I wanted to shape surfboards for a living ( or at least until I grew up). My Dad was behind me 110%. He asked “what is the best tool you can get?” I told him a Skil 100. He bouight me the planer (which I still use) but I had to pay him back with intrest. It was 160.00 with a case in 1968. My planer was the best and my Dad was the best. aloha, tom

I was 15 and decided I wanted to shape surfboards for a living ( or at > least until I grew up). My Dad was behind me 110%. He asked “what is > the best tool you can get?” I told him a Skil 100. He bouight me the > planer (which I still use) but I had to pay him back with intrest. It was > 160.00 with a case in 1968. My planer was the best and my Dad was the > best.>>> aloha, tom Alright, lets hear it for Dad, my desire for surfing and building boards got me in more hot water during 1961-1964, but after graduation he saw that it was what I had for my life long goal and was behind me all the way. Three days before he died, we knew it was coming, he only wanted to know if I had enough work. Dad is the best.