skil 100 parts

As I said there are two types of brush holders, the good one from jrandy’s photo is made of nylon and uses the brass/plastic caps. Yours is different (phenolic material) and uses the large plastic caps. Each holder type uses different brushes. Bill’s suggestion of using epoxy putty is a good idea, but you need to be certain that it is absolutely non-conductive. Many types are and contain bits of metal for reinforcement. If you find some that isn’t conductive, clean-up the broken area and the hole with acetone and Q-tips. Very lightly oil the threads of the cap and wipe off. Put a bead of putty around the hole and thread the cap into it. Make sure the putty is also between what’s left of the holder and the aluminum. Unscrew the cap as soon as the putty is hard enough and let it harden some more. If the putty was conductive, you’ll find out when you plug it in and hit the trigger. No hot glue; the Skil isn’t a holiday craft project and this is serious electrical safety stuff.

hi Pete I sent you an email with pictures yesterday but I just got a message they were having trouble delivering them…did you get anything…its weird that I just got that message today…anyway I have the larger plastic caps like you said, mine is a type 4 like you figured…im going to keep searching for the brush holder, did you stilll think you had one ?if no luck I will try the epoxy I would just really rather do it right If I could rather than use the epoxy

Absent the availability of an original part, the epoxy may well be the right way.

Am I missing something here? I know Swaylocks is a community of " do it yourself" guys, but with all the running around you’ve done & multiple posts & waiting for replies, wouldn’t it just be easier to actually send the planer to Swaylocks resident Expert PeteC and have him repair it the right way? Your time is worth something too. I’m surprised someone else hasn’t suggested this yet.

it may come to that lol
I can usually figure stuff out but this is a hum dinger for sure
I guess ill check and see what size bolt will fit it in case I go the epoxy route
thats an easy thing to do to keep forward progress while looking for a replacement part

You aren’t going to find a common bolt with the cap thread, it’s 5/8-27 size. Just use the cap itself as I previously posted if you’re going to do the epoxy putty. If you want me to fix it, just remove the belt and unbolt the complete motor housing (two allen bolts on bottom). Email and I’ll give you a quote. You’ve got several options, keeping this thread going isn’t going to fix the planer.

Lol

Exactly! Have PeteC do it. It will be done right & you can start enjoying plowing foam.