Skil 100 parts

I recently acquired a skil 100 as a gift from a friend of mine. His father in law had no use for them anymore and gave it to him. Great way to make a young shaper happy! But anyway the screw on the base the planer is stripped. I need to get the little clicker plate out….but I’m afraid that if I drill the screw out I won’t be able to find another screw just like it. Does anyone have any ideas on were I can find another screw? Also one of the local shapers who help me out a lot threw the past few years teaching me about shaping and hooking me up with blanks the whole deal. Any way he cracked the shoe on his skil and it 100% broke off the other day. He’s honestly sad about it breaking because he shapes for a living, and that was his only skil….and you all know the greatness of the skil. I would love to get him a shoe to give to him as a thanks for his help through the years. I know they are real hard to find but if anyone has one for sale or knows of a place to get one I would appreciate it. Any help pn the shoe or that screw please respond-Ryan

I recently acquired a skil 100 as a gift from a friend of mine. His father > in law had no use for them anymore and gave it to him. Great way to make a > young shaper happy! But anyway the screw on the base the planer is > stripped. I need to get the little clicker plate out&.but Im afraid that > if I drill the screw out I wont be able to find another screw just like > it. Does anyone have any ideas on were I can find another screw? Also one > of the local shapers who help me out a lot threw the past few years > teaching me about shaping and hooking me up with blanks the whole deal. > Any way he cracked the shoe on his skil and it 100% broke off the other > day. Hes honestly sad about it breaking because he shapes for a living, > and that was his only skil&.and you all know the greatness of the skil. I > would love to get him a shoe to give to him as a thanks for his help > through the years. I know they are real hard to find but if anyone has one > for sale or knows of a place to get one I would appreciate it. Any help pn > the shoe or that screw please respond-Ryan I don’t know about the plate (try contacting Skil directly), but I know if the screw is an odball size, you could always just tap the hole and use a regular machine screw that matches. Chris

I don’t know about the plate (try contacting Skil directly), but I know if > the screw is an odball size, you could always just tap the hole and use a > regular machine screw that matches. Chris Don’t remove the shoe…just push the clicker plate up. -D

Don’t remove the shoe…just push the clicker plate up. Thanks Chris and Dawg. How do I just Push it up?-Ryan

Thanks Chris and Dawg. How do I just Push it up?-Ryan Look inside from the depth adjustment. Just slide in a flat piece of aluminum or a pop stick from the bottom up just enough so that it do misses the “teeth”. If you still can’t figure it out you can call me and I will walk you through it. -D