Skill 100 Planer Parts and Service

In conversation with a close friend and accomplished young shaper today. The subject of Skill 100 bearing and belt replacement came up. I know that with three of these tools that are the heart of his trade he would value top quality parts for it.

Could it be that someone out there knows someone who is a pro at servicing a Skill 100 and can get top quality replacement parts for it? Does Boca Bearing make replacement bearings for it? Where does one get belts?

Good Waves, Rich

Pete C from right here on this forum is the guy and I highly recomend him. He has a line on all parts, etc. even new motors. He got mine done quickly and went the extra mile. He works on them for some of the top names in our business. Lowel

Howzit Halcyon, Fiberglass Hi here carries patrs for the Skill 100. They probably do to there, not sure if they do any work on them though.Aloha,Kokua

Thanx kokua, I’ll check out the local Fiberglass Hawaii store.

No Worries, Rich

I have an old skill  100 planer and need to find some parts ie: a belt and a set of blades.  got any leads for me to chase? i love this old battle axe and need to keep it chopping.

Thanks, Friggy

Again;   Pete C  who posts on this site has all the goods on Skil 100.  Haven't been on Ebay for a couple of days but there were qutie a few belts and blades for sale there a couple of days ago.  You'd better know how to align those blades or you'll screw something up, hurt yourself or both.

Looking for undated info on parts for the skill 100 planner Thanks Kim

Same stuff I tried to tell the knuckle heads who posted way back when before you. Petec who posts regularly here on Swaylocks does it all. Pete Casica. PM me if you need a phone #. Lowel

Hi there-

We have the blades and other parts for a Skil 100 http://www.foamez.com/shaping-surfboards-surfboard-shaping-power-tools-c-2_25.html and will have the bearings by the end of the week.

Let us know if we can help.

Best of luck.
Brad

Whoever this fellow is, he is fortunate to have a thoughtful, expert & well-intended friend such as Mssr. Halcyon.