skill planer

any body out there have a Skill 100 or a metal body Rockwell planer for sale?

I have one that I may sell. It has new blades, new belt, new cord, and new brushes if I recall correctly. There is also a slight crack in the front shoe, but it dosen’t seem to be much of a problem. Make me an offer.

Phil

Quote:

any body out there have a Skill 100 or a metal body Rockwell planer for sale?

I have one of the orginal Skill 100 planners in very good working condition.

It will be listed on ebay in a few day unless you want to buy it first?

How much?

$1,000.00

I’m sure someone will give you that much for it, but that someone is not me. Sorry. Oh ya hope you get what your asking there are two on ebay right now and they just may go up that high.

Make an offer. Don’t give up so easy?

Quote:

I’m sure someone will give you that much for it, but that someone is not me. Sorry. Oh ya hope you get what your asking there are two on ebay right now and they just may go up that high.

post me a pic. I don’t want a pig in a poke.

here’s a pic of mine, …if you would like to buy…looking for about the same price…mine has the original price tag of $134.00 still on the dust shoot.

hey surfdaddy,

what do you use the 126 for? Nice collection of planers you have there. How much did you want for the skil? Looks like very little use on it.

Austin

www.austinsurfboards.com

Hey there Austin,

I use the 126 for shaping the rails,(when I make a balsa or redwood longboard) and I also use it for work, as I am a carpenter by trade, those tools you see are finewood working tools. I have seen on ebay and on the net, the 100 going for about $1000.00 I am looking for that price, because everyone who has seen mine, cant believe how great it looks.

I know someone here on Maui that has a box of belts for the Skil 100. There are at least fifty belts in the box. Anyone interested. The owner would prefer to off the whole box to one buyer. PM me.

Quote:

here’s a pic of mine, …if you would like to buy…looking for about the same price…mine has the original price tag of $134.00 still on the dust shoot.

I will take a picture of my collection tomorrow. You do good work. Come by my factory sometime and check out my Balsa Wood Timbers. I offered them before but no takers. www.americansurfindustries.com

By the way after seeing your Skill 100 I’ll lower my price. Mines one of the first ones so it’s pretty old however it still runs well.

Would like to check out your balsa wood. let me know when., although I hope it can be later in the evening because I am working in the valley right now and live in the south bay, it can take a while to get home. let me know.

surrfdaddy

Check my web site to get directions and my contact information. I will begin a new production of wall hangers (all wood) that are ridable.

Concerning the Skill. There well built machines, however the Clark Hitachi (Last one before shut) for me is the most practical planner.

Come by some time. www.americansurfindustries.com

Quote:
www.americansurfindustries.com

Nice web site!

Fine collection of tools there, nice board, too.

Is the Skil 100 a 7.5 or 5.5 amp version, I might be interested if it is the 7.5 amp, mahalo.

-Robin