Small Personal Webspace

I have just begun a new webspace to show some of my work. However my server does not allow me to use more that 6mb of space at this time. The web address is: www.home.ix.netcom.com/~fluidedg Please visit and let me know if this is a good way to add pictures to go with the Q&A on Swaylocks. I have many more photos etc. that I would like to put in catagories for aid in answering some of the questions on this site. Thanks, Travis

Nice shaping room Travis. BUT GOD DAMN THOSE PICTURES ARE HUGE. The size is to large both physicaly and electronically. The K size (K size meaning file size ) of those pitures on your site is somewhere around 460k. This is WAY to big. No wonder you are running out of space. Those pictures could easily come down to something like 60k. Not sure what type of image compression you have access to, I would suggest Adobe Image Ready for picture optimization. It will take images and compress the colors and dithering so as to reduce the file size to a fraction of the original. That way you could get TONS more pics up on your site. Only problem is Image ready I believe comes bundled with Adobe Photoshop, thus can be quite costly. If you are using a Macintosh then I just might be able to help you out. Let me know.

Hi Travis, What a clean shaping room, you should see my setup, it looks like a mash tent (A bunch of home depot tarps, tie-wrapped together) If you change your image size to 800X600 you will end up with a 60K jpg Just an fyi, nice site aloha

Hi Travis, What a clean shaping room, you should see my setup, it looks > like a mash tent (A bunch of home depot tarps, tie-wrapped together) If > you change your image size to 800X600 you will end up with a 60K jpg Just > an fyi, nice site aloha I am new to this website thing, but I will be trying to reduce the image size of the pics. I basically want to be able to have space to help others gain information and have others share with me. I know it is hard to even get information from anyone on the subject of shaping. But I am more than willing to share. I will be in contact with my server to make the needed adjustments to my site. I need to pull my logo from another computer as well for the site. Thanks for the feedback. Travis

I am new to this website thing, but I will be trying to reduce the image > size of the pics. I basically want to be able to have space to help others > gain information and have others share with me. I know it is hard to even > get information from anyone on the subject of shaping. But I am more than > willing to share. I will be in contact with my server to make the needed > adjustments to my site. I need to pull my logo from another computer as > well for the site.>>> Thanks for the feedback.>>> Travis Travis, as I am sure you know by now, Swaylocks is THE place for folks who are interested in shaping boards. There is no better place to swap info. ed

Travis,>>> as I am sure you know by now, Swaylocks is THE place for folks who are > interested in shaping boards. There is no better place to swap info.>>> ed Ed, I am in no why trying to replace Swaylocks. If you can see I even linked it. However, since there seems to be something missing from Swaylocks. What is missing are visual techniques and info to see how people do things. Swaylocks is a great sight, but sometime pictures show more than words. I’m not saying that the way I build my boards is best, but if you ask 10 people the same question, you will get 10 different answers. Some of these answers may overlap which shows a common way of thinking and/or the best practice/method of working through the problem. Please keep in mind more info is better than no info. If placing a few photos out on the net makes you think I want to replace the good things done by Swaylocks yopur dead wrong. I review Swaylocks on a regular basis and will post responses to help anyone I can. I do belive that detailed photos would enhance the knowledge and end products of all who use Swaylocks. Thanks for your post. Travis

Ed,>>> I am in no why trying to replace Swaylocks. If you can see I even linked > it. However, since there seems to be something missing from Swaylocks. > What is missing are visual techniques and info to see how people do > things. Swaylocks is a great sight, but sometime pictures show more than > words. I’m not saying that the way I build my boards is best, but if you > ask 10 people the same question, you will get 10 different answers. Some > of these answers may overlap which shows a common way of thinking and/or > the best practice/method of working through the problem.>>> Please keep in mind more info is better than no info. If placing a few > photos out on the net makes you think I want to replace the good things > done by Swaylocks yopur dead wrong. I review Swaylocks on a regular basis > and will post responses to help anyone I can. I do belive that detailed > photos would enhance the knowledge and end products of all who use > Swaylocks.>>> Thanks for your post. Travis Whoa Travis, I only meant that if it was board building info you wanted you had come to the right place! THats it. I in no way meant to say this is the ONLY place. I think what you are doing will be a great resource for all the fellow foam hackers out there to be sure. I will check it often for updates and to see how it is going. So let me say it now because I didn’t before, Good Luck and Mahalo Travis. ed