Smallest Board

Smallest board you have ever shaped? just interested to see how small people have gone,finless or not.

Thinking of buildin a 4 ft for an experiment ^^ :smiley: haha 

Oscar

i shaped this 5’0" mini simmons last year

thats really nice! what weight was the rider? 

did it go well :slight_smile:

oscar

I surf this board daily and weigh 185 lbs and am 6’0" tall.

it has a ton of volume and is super fast. it is by far my favorite board.

nice ! Im 170 Ibs so I think I might make a 4 6 :smiley: or something crazy!

cheers for the info

oscar

Just shaped a 4’9 x 19 3/4 x 1 3/4"  out of a broken long board.  Plenty of groms out there if I get tired of it…

4’6 x 20 x 2 1/2 catch surf soft top Beater twin rides like a dream until you want to paddle anywhere.

saw thoses beaters,

you got any pics of that 4’9’? was it a simmons?

:) 

[img_assist|nid=1069685|title=4’9 x 19 3/4 x 1 3/4|desc=recycled stewart long board|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

My favorite small poly board is 5’7 x 13 x 18 3/4 x 14 x 2 1/8.  Quad.  Surfs great at any size.  Paddles like a snail on valium.

Already put this up in the bars of soap thread (fishing for fin suggestions at the moment), but this one is in progress.  3’11" x 22" x 3"  Concave deck and single through the bottom.  15" tail.

dude… how the HELL did you get your foil lines so tight and uniform on those fins?? Do you have some kind of guide or are you just a grinder-ninja?

Gavz i read your post on the simmons thread but I reckon you could put a pair of qaud trailers on that and use them as mini twin fins… 

3’11" x 22" x 3"

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/side.jpg

Do you stand on that thing?? I’m kind of curious what your dimensions are - that’s like a menehune-simmons

Shushka,  I’ve only had it out once in 4 foot close outs, but I was standing up on it.  I’m 5’7 and about 155lbs.  It was actually easier to get up on than I was thinking it would be and it paddles pretty well.  I need to get it out in better waves to see how it actually surfs though.  It paddles better than a supper chippy 5’8 I have.  On the pop up I just have to be careful not to step off the back haha.

4’6" - almos done…

I did a 3’10" for one of our riders.  Cheating because he was 9 years old at the time and about 55 pounds.

16-1/4" wide, 1-5/8" thick:

[img_assist|nid=1069922|title=Smallest Board|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

[img_assist|nid=1069923|title=Smallest Board|desc=San Clemente’s Cole Mezak with his 3’10" A_Symm|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=424]

In action:

[img_assist|nid=1069924|title=Smallest Board|desc=San Clemente’s Cole Mezak top turn on 3’10" A_Symm|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=427]

(I coulda made it smaller!)

G

Smallest I’ve made for myself is a 5’7", But I’m gonna do a 5’4" stubby shortboard thing over winter for my everyday spring/summer board. And eventually I want to do a 4’11" or 5’ mini simmons. I’m small and light, so I shouldn’t have an issue.