Snapped Slovakian Board

One of the shapers got this one to copy for the customer who is now very disatisfied with his bullet proof board. Upon inspection, the bead styro inside is sooooooo soft, maybe 1/2 pound density, I could be wrong, but it has NO balls, no stringer, no life left in it’s baby blue corpse

how about the deck? any of the polyester type presure dents?

I actually like foot dents in my boards. The dents make you find the sweet spot and the board feels more attached as “one” with you. This is one of the major differences between the two boards as far as performance. The epoxies are great ie no dents but feel like they are way too stiff and never get to that real connected feeling like the poly boards.

dents don’t make you surf better. It’s an illusion…

A broken pop-out makes me surf happier! Rob Olliges

Dents do make a difference on how the boards feel. The pros often mention this when taking delivery of new boards. “I need to get my foot dents going” I think it has to do with the dents and foot placement and flex. Also the dents are below the deck rocker, which by theory makes you more “connected”.

It’s a joke…Chuck Dent=Famous Shaper in Orange Co. Walden=Famous shaper in Ventura Co. My boards would never dent, even I use fiberglass! Thanks, Dale

Me Mongo.Me like to break popouts.Mongo also like going over falls at 40 foot Mavericks.Mongo glad to be back on Swaylocks…have medicine now.Mongo sign off for now…hope to see you or your daughter in lineup soon.

Ah the passing of another popout. This calls for a moment of celebration. One less to stink up the lineup.

Damn I forgot to look, but after taking a peek at the two pieces, there wasn’t a dent in them. That’s good, maybe he can make something from the parts, pehaps an ice chest

the thing with the deck dints is that it puts you closer to the wave face and gives you the feeling of more feeling and thats why boards are so refined these days, to give you that feeling. KR

the thing with the deck dints is that it puts you closer to the wave face and gives you the feeling of more feeling and thats why boards are so refined these days, to give you that feeling. KR Maybe the worst post on the worst thread of the year.

…Geeee,I feel bad.Expensive learning lesson.If you snap a pop out bring them to me…I need more desert dump targets.Herb

Herb, they make great tombstones too.

Mexico, You obviously dont surf good enough to have experienced what the difference it makes, gee i wonder why the pro’s like it when they kick them down, Neil purchase used to shape the dints in the tail for Neil junior because he reconed that it felt better. My comment was based on my opinion of what I have felt with my own boards and surfing. When you can prove that my theory is wrong and you can give a better reasoning as to why they feel better when they are kicked in, then I will assess your theory but will never make a half assed comment like you made, plus I am not scared to put my name to my theories and comments not like some. Why have boards got thinner over the years? “SENSITIVITY” KR

the thing with the deck dints is that it puts you closer to the wave face … gee i wonder why the pro’s like it when they kick them down… but will never make a half assed comment like you made, plus I am not scared to put my name to my theories and comments not like some. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ridiculous. and to use the phrase"the pros" serves nothing but your ego.